• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Justice League #40 (2011) purely speculation

23 posts in this topic

I was just curious if this will be an important book or not, being that the movie is due out soon.  I can't remember where I saw the write up, but one of the characters in this book might be the villain in the new movie perhaps?  Thoughts?

25 minutes ago, BrotherNature said:

I was just curious if this will be an important book or not, being that the movie is due out soon.  I can't remember where I saw the write up, but one of the characters in this book might be the villain in the new movie perhaps?  Thoughts?

Highly doubtful.

Hmm.  FWIW here's that write up I was referring to.

Each week InvestComics seeks out a comic(s) on Ebay for $100 or less and then brings it to the attention of our fans. We call it IC 100 Club Pick. The idea is to get a great book at a great price. We do not own nor are we selling these comics. The comics are found by a random process. We do not know the ebay seller(s), nor are we promoting the Ebay seller. Any knowing from the Ebay seller of InvestComics or its affiliates is purely coincidental. (See disclaimer for more details).

IC 100 Club Pick: Justice League #40 (2015) 9.8. This modern comic is more about the new Justice League trailer and what the potential it could carry. The new trailer has Bruce Wayne building a team to defeat an evil like no one has ever seen. That evil, we hope, could be Darkseid. If Darkseid is the main villain (we hope), this comic possesses the first appearance of his daughter Grail (cameo). If the female presence continues to make their indelible mark within the comic book industry like they have never before, expect to possibly see Grail on the big screen. This comic will leave that $99.99 price tag long, long, long behind if Grail makes that leap to the big screen. A speculative move here indeed. You make the call. 

I remember selling a few in the $15-$20 range after that article came out.  Could it become worth that or more once again? Definitely a speculative play... but could payoff if she does appear and you got in low enough. I think I have one left in my PC but it's essentially free-to-me since I sold the others. hm(shrug)

Isn't that the issue between #40 and #41 ? At any rate, #40 is way more appearance than Doomsday's fist...er, first  lol

Buying order for me is 

JL #40 variant

JL #40

JL #41

Divergence FCBD. There are just way too many of these imo.

2 hours ago, the authority said:

Isn't that the issue between #40 and #41 ? At any rate, #40 is way more appearance than Doomsday's fist...er, first  lol

Buying order for me is 

JL #40 variant

JL #40

JL #41

Speaking of Doomsday, how many copies of Man of Steel #18 are there out there? hm

5 hours ago, the authority said:

Buying order for me is 

JL #40 variant

JL #40

JL #41

Don't forget the combo packs and newsstands

8 hours ago, the authority said:

?

okay. So I forgot that there was that variant. I'm sure some people ❤️ it but I can't see demand overtaking the supply BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Well, looking at the surge in demand of Copper Age second prints and newsstands, note that it is the initially unloved books that end up with a good deal of buyers later on.

Even if Grail shows up in the the movie (which I agree is highly unlikely), who cares?  She is a cliche character, she's not an important character, or is she that well known.  The books aren't rare and they are readily available.

Cool book to have but there are better "movie" characters to collect.

1 hour ago, AnthonyTheAbyss said:

Even if Grail shows up in the the movie (which I agree is highly unlikely), who cares?  She is a cliche character, she's not an important character, or is she that well known.  The books aren't rare and they are readily available.

Cool book to have but there are better "movie" characters to collect.

Movie appearance aside, I think she has some staying power.

As far as rarity, the 1st Darkseid isn't rare by any means. I see more Forever People #1 at shows that I do a JL #40 variant.

7 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

Movie appearance aside, I think she has some staying power.

As far as rarity, the 1st Darkseid isn't rare by any means. I see more Forever People #1 at shows that I do a JL #40 variant.

Time will tell.  I personally wasn't too impressed with the character (unlike Orion and Kalibak...great story of Darkseid's children).

Obviously the Garner variant is rare.  But that's apples and oranges (variant vs non variant).

Don't get me wrong.  I hope this book pops cause I have my copies ready:bigsmile:...

20170707_171752.jpg.870a3db521d2c7babd5bb3d62b2f738c.jpg