• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

California Comic Convention ( CalComicCon) 2018
6 6

152 posts in this topic

On 1/18/2018 at 8:00 PM, TerrysComics said:

OK everybody arriving a day early, I reserved the room at the Ayers Hotel in Yorba Linda from 3:30 till 6:30 on Saturday night for a comics tail gate.

This means you can bring that box of comics you have laying around and try to sell them to each other or the dealers there.

The room isn't free so the plan is $10 per box up to three boxes pay Terry O'Neill  or Jamie Graham on the honor system.

tables and chairs will be provided bring you own food and drink. Please let me know in advance if you want to do this so I can figure the logistics.

This is especially good for those of you that have a few comics to sell but don't want to or can't get a dealer table for the main show.

Hope to see you all there

Best Regards,

Terry O'Neill

Promoter - CalComicCon

Will be coming in from New Mexico and hope to be at the hotel by 4 on Saturday. I'll likely be bringing some slabs in a backpack for sale/trade but don't think I'd need a table. Any problems with me having them at the show to offer to dealers for trade?

1 hour ago, Drew Stair said:

Will be coming in from New Mexico and hope to be at the hotel by 4 on Saturday. I'll likely be bringing some slabs in a backpack for sale/trade but don't think I'd need a table. Any problems with me having them at the show to offer to dealers for trade?

you don't necessarily get a table ( you can use one to put your stuff on )

you pay $10 for the privilege of using the room we had to rent and selling to other collectors and dealers. it helps us pay for the room rental.  T.

8 minutes ago, TerrysComics said:

you don't necessarily get a table ( you can use one to put your stuff on )

you pay $10 for the privilege of using the room we had to rent and selling to other collectors and dealers. it helps us pay for the room rental.  T.

Sorry I meant are the any problems having them with me at the show on Sunday to offer for trade. Happy to pay the $10 on Saturday to show in the room.

On 1/18/2018 at 10:00 PM, TerrysComics said:

OK everybody arriving a day early, I reserved the room at the Ayers Hotel in Yorba Linda from 3:30 till 6:30 on Saturday night for a comics tail gate.

This means you can bring that box of comics you have laying around and try to sell them to each other or the dealers there.

The room isn't free so the plan is $10 per box up to three boxes pay Terry O'Neill  or Jamie Graham on the honor system.

tables and chairs will be provided bring you own food and drink. Please let me know in advance if you want to do this so I can figure the logistics.

This is especially good for those of you that have a few comics to sell but don't want to or can't get a dealer table for the main show.

Hope to see you all there

Best Regards,

Terry O'Neill

Promoter - CalComicCon

Sounds like fun, I'll try to make it.

my want list:

TERRY’S want list last update: Jan 2018
I will pay full guide or more for the following!
WANTLIST-- I pay 100% or more of market for my wants
All New Comics #2 #4^, 5nc 6 , 13,14 upgrade 15
Blue Ribbon #11-18 21
Clue comics V2#2 v2#3
Crimes By Women #6 Cyclone #3
Fantastic #3,8,22, Champ #10,11,12,13, #22^
Four Favorites #5,6,8, 10,12,15
Great Comics #3 , Gren Hornet I have : 8,9,13,18,36
Hangman #8 Hibilly comics #4 upgrade
Heroic #3,5, 6 ,7, 10,11,12,13 14 Lawbreakers Suspense #11
love diary ( orbit) 13,31,32
My secret Story#28
Pep Comics # 17^, 18, 19 20, 21^, 23^ 25^, 26 27nc
Pep Comics #28cfo 29^, 30 32cfo 34^
Pep Comics # 41^, 42^, 50^ , 52 ^
Prize: have: #5 cvr,10 cfo,11 cvr^,12,15,16,18cvr,19,25,
Prize: have: 27,31,32,33,35, 36, 46,50,52,55,58,61,65nc,68
Real Life Comics #3
Speed Comics #21 upgrade 32 upgrade
Super-Mystery have V1#6, v2#1,v2#2, v2#3,v2#4
Super-Mystery have V3#1,V3#2, v3#3, V3#5, V4#3,v4#6
Super-Mystery have V5#2, v5#3,v5#6, v6#6,
Super-Mystery have v7#1-7#4, v7#6, v8#1 - v8#5
Wanted 15,32,49, 50,51,52
Wonder world 13,15,31,32
Zip Comics #28,31,32,33,34,35,

1 hour ago, David P Hartman said:

Giving you a heads up for logistics, on Saturday. Myself and a friend will stop in and see what's presenting itself.  Seems to always rain on that 'Sunday', anyway!

Weather forecast for Sunday is high of 87 degrees and sunny.  Didn’t rain last year.

6 hours ago, David P Hartman said:

Giving you a heads up for logistics, on Saturday. Myself and a friend will stop in and see what's presenting itself.  Seems to always rain on that 'Sunday', anyway!

Not going to the "real" show David? If, so, stop by, I will have my full load out. Probably lotsa stuff to interest you...

2 hours ago, www.alexgross.com said:

will dealers still be selling on sunday from 2pm on? i dont think i can make it before about that time. i know it says it goes to 5, but just want to see if people are starting to pack up their stuff early like at other shows. thanks. 

For the most part, everyone is buying and selling til the very last minute.