• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Supergirl Turner SDCC Variants
1 1

9 posts in this topic

So my question about these are 1) is this from the rebirth line or the 2005 series and 2) if it is from the rebirth line why do the covers have churchill and rapmund and loebs name on them.  I am going after the issue regardless was just wondering which series i have to put them with thanks.

Phillip

1 minute ago, Phillip said:

Nevermind found out they are reprints from the 2005 series there are a couple on the census already.

yes..Aspen is selling CGC copies at SDCC already I believe...or at least they have them on display from what Ive seen in the pics....I'll have to buy the 2nd virgin cover off eBay as I didn't want the other 2 books enough to double down on both.....and wife would KILL me

Just now, Dwitkin82 said:

yes..Aspen is selling CGC copies at SDCC already I believe...or at least they have them on display from what Ive seen in the pics....I'll have to buy the 2nd virgin cover off eBay as I didn't want the other 2 books enough to double down on both.....and wife would KILL me

Haha totally understandable i wanted to get all three covers for both series but i don't have any of the superman/batman series for it to make any sense to purchase.  The Supergirl set I have tho only missing the two annuals once I get those I will start submitting to get slabbed.  I do love the cape cover tho always been a favorite picture of mine.

2 minutes ago, Phillip said:

Haha totally understandable i wanted to get all three covers for both series but i don't have any of the superman/batman series for it to make any sense to purchase.  The Supergirl set I have tho only missing the two annuals once I get those I will start submitting to get slabbed.  I do love the cape cover tho always been a favorite picture of mine.

I'm literally just buying the set for that virgin cover...coincidentally I only collect Superman stuff...but that German variant virgin cover looks amazing....

1 minute ago, Dwitkin82 said:

I'm literally just buying the set for that virgin cover...coincidentally I only collect Superman stuff...but that German variant virgin cover looks amazing....

Yeah people are selling that cover on eBay for $100 alone I noticed so getting the set direct from Aspen is a much better option.

2 minutes ago, Phillip said:

Yeah people are selling that cover on eBay for $100 alone I noticed so getting the set direct from Aspen is a much better option.

Exactly why I did it...I was gunna wait to just buy the 1 alone...doubtful it will drop below the $100 for a while so might as well do it now...I will have to with the other virgin cover but my gut tells me that doesn't maintain a higher price....we'll see

Just now, Dwitkin82 said:

Exactly why I did it...I was gunna wait to just buy the 1 alone...doubtful it will drop below the $100 for a while so might as well do it now...I will have to with the other virgin cover but my gut tells me that doesn't maintain a higher price....we'll see

I'll have to agree with you I see it alot in the J. Scott Campbell Variants for ASM.  The price jumps when the release happens.  But about a month after the are released they fizzle out having that problem with one that I had slabbed right now last one too.  Been trying to sell it for a while now and can't offload it.  So I hope it does happen with that cover for ya.