• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Son of My 50 Year Junk Obsession
16 16

3,106 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, Robot Man said:

Mysterious Adventures #11

A nice cover I think. Used in Seduction of the Innocent. The first issue of this title I ever bought. I was trying at the time to collect all the SOTI books I could find. I really enjoyed it and seeked out the rest.

commysteriousadvs11.jpg

I've always liked this cover

9 hours ago, Robot Man said:

Mysterious Adventures #11

A nice cover I think. Used in Seduction of the Innocent. The first issue of this title I ever bought. I was trying at the time to collect all the SOTI books I could find. I really enjoyed it and seeked out the rest.

commysteriousadvs11.jpg

Did you end up getting them all?  Aren't there a few where the book they are from hasn't yet been identified?

Nope. I got about 3/4ths of the ones I know about at the time. I found the most of the ones I still needed were ones I wouldn't have wanted any way if they weren't SOTI books. 

At the time, I was working with a gentleman named Bob Nastasi and Redbeard to identify as many as we could and submitted to Bob Overstreet.

Just lost interest.

4 hours ago, Robot Man said:

Mysterious Adventures #12

I just love green covers! Just about the only word missing on this is "weird"

commysteriousadvs12.jpg

This is a great cover that I haven't noticed before. The one eye being shut (or missing) adds some creepiness to it.

Mysterious Adventures #13

What a perfect book for Friday the 13th. This is the one that changed this title from a book about vampires, werewolves and simple grave robbing to something that was a lot more gory and grim. And what a cover. A huge burning skull. The best covers and the most gory stories start here.

commysteriousadvs13.jpg

14 hours ago, Hap Hazard said:

Hey Bob, enjoyed seeing your run of Mysterious Adventures keep'em coming, here's my 14 I go from Ray Storch many years ago.

mysterious adventures14 001.jpg

Thanks Hap! What a beautiful copy. I have always loved going through Ray's boxes. He has always had a great eye for the cool stuff.