• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Son of My 50 Year Junk Obsession
16 16

3,107 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Robot Man said:

spysmashercardpin.jpg

Just killer stuff, and impressive to see gathered in such an array. I love the Captain Miracle with the "Adventure Machine" and the Melvin Purvis. The Robin Hood card is great, too. Heck, they're ALL great!! (thumbsu

4 hours ago, Sqeggs said:

This one was probably a real club where people with similar interests came together.  My impression is that the kid-oriented ones weren't actual clubs in that sense, but maybe some of them were. hm

Yeah, this seems more adult oriented. I had no idea that there were serious toy collectors back in 1942. I know mechanical banks were collected but not toys in general.

13 minutes ago, Duffman_Comics said:

Now, this is the UK/Richard Greene "Adventures of Robin Hood" TV series - is there any way to tell if the "club" is Brit/US/Elsewhere in origin? I have never seen one of these.

This is a US club. I have seen a couple over the years.

On 1/17/2018 at 8:04 PM, Robot Man said:
On 1/17/2018 at 7:49 PM, Duffman_Comics said:

Now, this is the UK/Richard Greene "Adventures of Robin Hood" TV series - is there any way to tell if the "club" is Brit/US/Elsewhere in origin? I have never seen one of these.

This is a US club. I have seen a couple over the years.

I remember watching that show as a kid, so I think it was popular in syndication in the U.S. 

21 hours ago, Duffman_Comics said:

Looks like the UK designers were confused as to whether Superman and Captain Marvel were one and the same.  Great stuff.

Makes that button a particularly interesting one.

Well gang, 'ole Robot Man is a little "junk drunk" tonight.Three days at the All American Collector's Show and a Sunday Flea market just for kicks. Whew! This is LA's premier show for old toys and advertising items. People save up their best stuff for it twice a year. Some of you might like a short report and maybe a few photos.

I always have a small booth there. Sales were strong on all kinds of items in all price ranges. I sold a couple real nice items right off the bat as I was setting up that totally made my show. The money was really flowing this time. A lot of out of state dealers and collectors showed up I guess mostly to escape the cold. Although, my car thermometer read 39 degrees when I pulled into the parking lot at the Flea Market this morning. A little chilly for us. Here's a couple shots of my little booth.

IMG_2084.jpg

IMG_2085.jpg

IMG_2087.jpg

IMG_2088.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

Annother good buddy Jim Maley who is one of the promoters of this cool show brought some real nice stuff. Always has some nice comics. The hole in his case was a decent Amazing Fantasy #15 that he sold early on much to Terry O'Neil's disapointment.  Be sure to check his booth out next week at Terry's show. He will be bringing a large collection he just bought from an older collector who sadly recently passed on to the great long box in the sky. He will be on the corner in the side room. A great guy and very easy to deal with. He and I were the ones who bought most of the great "Paul" collection a few years ago. He will probably have some of them at the show.

IMG_2096.jpg

IMG_2105.jpg

CGC boardie Brenmark was also set up with noted Bay area dealer Sal. Great stuff boys! I was lucky to pick up 5 or 6 cool GA books from them. Thanks for the great deal Mark! Hope you boys didn't get caught in the snow and made it home safe and sound. Here's Terry holding my little pile of spoils. He made a comment about how I always "get the great stuff". But he doesn't look too upset. First time Terry has visited this show. I guess I should keep my fat mouth shut...

IMG_2101.jpg

IMG_2100.jpg

Man, I wanted this bad. I'd never seen one of these before. I thought the price was a little "stiff" and made him a little better offer which was turned down promptly so I let him take it home. I'm sure it didn't sell and will remind him next show when he brings it again   :devil:

IMG_2093.jpg

The couple next to me were selling her mom's 50 year collection of stuff. Toys, advertising and this stuff which you all know I love. Was a little "late to the party" because I was setting up but did manage to snag these. All priced ultra cheap from about $8-$15. each. I don't know how they were over looked but they had tons of them. Hopefully, I will have the last laugh though as they told me it was only about half of them. I plan to hook up with them in a few weeks and hope to really pile up some more. Most of you guys couldn't care less I'm sure, but I expect a couple of boardies will be familiar with some of this.

All, in all a GREAT show for me. As cold as I said it is out here right now, I hear high 70's for next Sunday at Terry's show next Sunday. Hope to see a bunch of you guys there!

pinbacks:clickers.jpg