• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Son of My 50 Year Junk Obsession
16 16

3,107 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Robot Man said:

Antique store find yesterday. Person just called it an “old toy” on the price tag! Probably not a lot of people still around who know what this dated 1922 toy is...

AE9E6D57-DBEA-4670-955F-84C987918AC8.jpeg

My local library had a reprint collection of the Toonerville Trolley strip back in the early seventies. It was fifty years old then and now soon to be 100!! I recall it being a fun strip but the reprint collection of the Gumps was even better. Another unknown character today.

Thanks. Amazing that this toy is just 2 years short of a hundred years old! 

And it works like new. Wind it up and it scoots and rocks all the way across the floor. Scares the carp outta the dogs! 

Nothing like old tin wind-up and battery toys. Bought my first one at a flea market in the early ‘70’s. 

6 hours ago, Robot Man said:

What me  Worry?  (shrug)

mad30a.jpg

One of Judy's best friends used to own the original art to that one. He has/had a huge collection of OA from Mad... snapped it up when it was still kind of reasonable. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

On 9/29/2020 at 3:21 PM, jimjum12 said:

One of Judy's best friends used to own the original art to that one. He has/had a huge collection of OA from Mad... snapped it up when it was still kind of reasonable. GOD BLESS....

“Used to” own that cover...:facepalm:

That is the first Alfred full cover. I would take that one to the grave...

4 hours ago, Robot Man said:

There seems there is so much stress and negitivity in the world right now. It has even started to permeate my sanctity here in the GA boards. Very sad, let’s all just calm down and forge our way through it. 

“Everything gonna be Alright”

Bob Marley

On a much brighter note, my oldest granddaughter just turned 6 on Saturday. My daughter, my son in law and my 2 granddaughters came over for a little celebration. 

She was so excited and just filled my heart with joy. All the carp and misery of life as we know it just melted away for a while. To see life through the eyes of a happy 6 year old made what I am dealing with a whole lot easier. 

Let’s all be good to each other and stay safe! 

F5C0C572-68C9-4853-82A7-6110C822C833.jpeg

This is why I always hope to see this thread bumped to the top when I log on. ... you just can't hide "cool". GOD BLESS,....

5 hours ago, Robot Man said:

There seems there is so much stress and negitivity in the world right now. It has even started to permeate my sanctity here in the GA boards. Very sad, let’s all just calm down and forge our way through it. 

Bob Marley

On a much brighter note, my oldest granddaughter just turned 6 on Saturday. My daughter, my son in law and my 2 granddaughters came over for a little celebration. 

She was so excited and just filled my heart with joy. All the carp and misery of life as we know it just melted away for a while. To see life through the eyes of a happy 6 year old made what I am dealing with a whole lot easier. 

Robot Man,

You are always thoughtful, generous, and optimistic.  Don’t let other’s negativity ever get you down.  

I retired almost eleven years ago.  I would remind my employees that everybody whines and complains, but the truly valuable employees complain much less and are able to figure out how to solve critical issues efficiently, accurately, and quickly.

Everybody is nice when things are going well, but the true measure of a person is how they respond when things go badly.

Robot Man, you are one of the really good guys! :headbang:

6 hours ago, Robot Man said:

Bob Marley

I am with you on that ROBO, we now finally have time to READ some of the great books stacked up....GA is the best, I am looking forward to finally getting my copy of the EC book.