• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need Help Identifying Image

4 posts in this topic

I posted this in the General Forum, but thought I'd address the art guys, too:

I have a piece of Jurgens/Breeding art and am not sure exactly what it was used for. It was sold to me as a promotional illustration for the Superman/Doomsday:Hunter/Prey limited series from 1994, but I'm trying to figure out if the image was ever published anywhere.

Would any fanboys from the era remember exactly what this was used for? Was it a promotional poster or an in house ad published in the books?

Any insight would be appreciated!

Hunter_Prey.jpg

It looks vaguely familiar, but there were so many Superman/Doomsday ads/posters/special things in Previews that it is hard to say. Have you tried asking Dan Jurgens personally? He is on Facebook and seems pretty active. https://www.facebook.com/dan.jurgens.1

Maybe he will know, but he did so many Superman/Doomsday images that he might not be able to help either. But always worth a shot.

Good luck!

Wow, that does look very familiar. I'll look through some of my stuff and see if it comes up anywhere. That's the problem with images from that period - they really were everywhere. I could see it used as a house ad, a poster, or even reused for the trading card series.