• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ComicLink Summer Featured Auction 2017
1 1

363 posts in this topic

Just now, comix4fun said:

I'd wager if all those major events had taken root in continuity and changed a bunch of the titles for years following it would have been more memorable, that's what I meant. 

I understood; I was just on a little different page in that for me, the plot is the plot and whether its memorable doesn't, for me, depend on continuity.    I can see how that would be different for others though!

4 minutes ago, Bronty said:

I understood; I was just on a little different page in that for me, the plot is the plot and whether its memorable doesn't, for me, depend on continuity.    I can see how that would be different for others though!

Well, you're not alone. I had to reread it recently to remind myself of most of what happened.

41 minutes ago, NinjaSealed said:

The movie hype effect has probably seeped into the Thanos/cosmic Marvel market more than any other. I can't help but wondering if after all this Thanos movie arc stuff is done if the pieces will recede in pricing.

I don’t see how it couldn’t. I have a couple Thanos pages and I’m wondering too. The way the MCU uses villains seems to be one and done. 

1 hour ago, PhilipB2k17 said:

That Infinity Gauntlet page is already at $5,055. Any guesses on where it ends up?

Same page sold on heritage in 2014 for 4k

https://comics.ha.com/itm/original-comic-art/george-perez-and-josef-rubinstein-infinity-gauntlet-1-page-31-thanos-original-art-marvel-1991-/a/7099-92297.s?ic4=GalleryView-Thumbnail-071515

looks like the owner made a wise investment. Probably a few interested parties threw down big bids,causing early spike, will be interesting to see if the bids level off or keep climbing. I predict 7-8k

Edited by Ryanfromottawa

15 hours ago, BCarter27 said:

Do we see more "tracking bids" at Clink because of their lack of a watch system? Good for the consignor although why people haven't figured out how to bookmark a page is beyond me.

I put in about $100k worth of tracking bids last night. 

9 hours ago, Pete Marino said:

Nope, when it's over, it's over.  Not extended bidding time.

Actually there is a special period after the auction where you can bid...its sort of like waiting through the trailers at marvel movies

It only works on certain lots, I'll send you a list...dont bid on them until you see auction over! Then wait 5 seconds and then try to enter a bid, should work, trust me. :bigsmile:

6 hours ago, Bronty said:

Cool art, cool page, but while I enjoyed it in 1991 well enough, I sure found it ultimately forgettable.    I can hardly remember a single thing that happens in it, and I sure can't remember any particular pages.  

Its funny how the cosmic stuff seems to be either 'cool but kinda meh' or 'OMFGBBQ' for most people.

Pretty much how it is for me. If I remember my thoughts first reading it, I liked the art a lot, the premise was cool, but the story was pretty meh after all was said and done. I would like a page, but not at current prices.

Jeez, the lesser page with Nebula from IG #5 is already as $2k. I wonder if that leaked trailer had anything to do with it lol