• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GRADING CONTEST : ROUND 5

272 posts in this topic

Waiting for my computer analysis of the census to finish being collated? confused-smiley-013.gif

27_laughing.gifyay.gif

Just got a PM from Jeffreykli from Paris 893whatthe.gif

Sacre Bluer! (I didn't take french at school. Guten Morgan!)

There's no writing on THIS cover....does it have a chance at a 9.8? confused-smiley-013.gif

All books start at 10......

In theory . . . 893scratchchin-thumb.gif, but not in practice makepoint.gif

Isn't that how everyone grades? Start at 10 and then deduct for flaws? It's worked out well for me.....

There's no writing on THIS cover....does it have a chance at a 9.8? confused-smiley-013.gif

Isn't that how everyone grades? Start at 10 and then deduct for flaws? It's worked out well for me.....

That's the fundamental flaw in most people's approach to grading, and that method really only works for the 9.X's 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

This round is taking too long, Nikos. You should have ended it this morning and start a new round which would end on Friday.

Makes me wonder what is harder, grading the book or waiting for the results!!?! 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

This round is taking too long, Nikos. You should have ended it this morning and start a new round which would end on Friday.

Makes me wonder what is harder, grading the book or waiting for the results!!?! 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

definitely the waiting makepoint.gif (especially when you know you flubbed it! frustrated.gif)

That's the fundamental flaw in most people's approach to grading, and that method really only works for the 9.X's 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Hmm, not for me. I think I'm an accurate grader through the entire range of grades using this method. Why doesn't it work for some people?

I agree. Three rounds a week I say gossip.gif

My suggestion for the contest schedule:

823540-contestschedule.JPG

823540-contestschedule.JPG.29426ae1bff72d600a9ac7290ea0bf58.JPG

Control Freak. Let it go. The Contest Police have arrived! poke2.gif

definitely the waiting makepoint.gif (especially when you know you flubbed it! frustrated.gif)

Sorry to hear that! poke2.gif

Control Freak. Let it go. The Contest Police have arrived! poke2.gif

I'm leaving your name off the next scores update. sumo.gif