• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official November 2017 heritage auction thread
3 3

330 posts in this topic

21 minutes ago, Pete Marino said:

I don't have any New Warriors art, but i thought it was cool as a kid, so i keep an eye on those pages from time to time.  FWIW, I thought $1500 was going to be about the hammer on the page.  It's a really well done page, every main character, a title splash, heroic poses.  If someone was looking for their singular example, I'd say that was a great get.

I actively collect New Warriors art (didn't bid on this one though) and I mostly agree.  $1500 feels high to me, but I think it's a more desirable page than the double page spread that went for $1200 last week (it may be a dps, but it's from an alternate reality story and mostly features non-series characters), so I guess the market is what it is.  Speedball is missing, so it's not perfect, but as a single page example, I don't think you could find many that are better.

On 10/30/2017 at 10:00 AM, rocket1312 said:

I actively collect New Warriors art (didn't bid on this one though) and I mostly agree.  $1500 feels high to me, but I think it's a more desirable page than the double page spread that went for $1200 last week (it may be a dps, but it's from an alternate reality story and mostly features non-series characters), so I guess the market is what it is.  Speedball is missing, so it's not perfect, but as a single page example, I don't think you could find many that are better.

It's a title page with the team (sans Speedball) and they way the New Warriors market is going, the $1500 price doesn't surprise me. I tried bidding on it (because it's my jam). Kudos to the guy who purchased it off of HA several years ago for a few hundred dollars.

I wonder if HA asked Joe Sinnott (or Joe's son to ask Joe)?  Is Joe too ill (hopefully not) or doesn't recall?  I had a question for Joe about a year and a half ago and his son got back to me relatively quickly after checking with Joe.

Edited by Ironmandrd

14 hours ago, suspense39 said:

Maybe it's just me, but it seems like the number of trackers is higher than usual......unfortunately you can't see tracking comps from past auctions.

I think its true for some artists.  For example, the Miller pieces seem to have lots of views and trackers.  Case in point, the ASM Annual #14 already has 950 views and 182 trackers. 

Linky: https://comics.ha.com/itm/original-comic-art/frank-miller-and-tom-palmer-amazing-spider-man-annual-14-cover-doctor-strange-original-art-marvel-1980-/a/7169-91092.s?ic4=GalleryView-Thumbnail-071515

Conversely, the Wrightson pieces seem to have less views and trackers than I would have expected given where we are in the auction.  Case in point, the Wrightson HOM #225 splash has only 353 views and 169 trackers. 

Linky: https://comics.ha.com/itm/original-comic-art/bernie-wrightson-house-of-mystery-225-splash-page-1-original-art-dc-1974-/a/7169-93221.s?ic4=GalleryView-Thumbnail-071515

16 minutes ago, jjonahjameson11 said:

Reserves have kicked in.  $17K on the McSpidey splash 

Is McFarlane available for an inking (re-inking) commission job?  hm 

Reserve kicked in for the Olivia Julie Newmar Catwoman piece too.....$956 in regular bidding yesterday....$4800 with the juice to trigger reserve today. 

Edited by comix4fun

2 hours ago, Kevin76 said:

I like mine more than the one on Heritage atm.  

IMG_20161010_162839018.jpg

I like yours better too...

I'm just gonna take a wild guess and say that the guy who replaced Barry as the auctioneer when the art section started wasn't the biggest comic art fan.