• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2017 Green Eggs Grading Contest Round 9
3 3

128 posts in this topic

12 hours ago, Azkaban said:

Had the Venus at 7.0 and the Torch at 7.0 also, thought Andy was pulling the old double again lol I saw the crease thru the middle also had a couple of creases in the bottom right hand corner but after what we've seen I thought it would be a 7.0 and that I would be off on the Venus (shrug)

I started out at 7.0 tops for both books (the Steve Borock adage always give the book the highest grade it deserves)...and then worked both books down to 5.5...thinking another matching grade round.  A lot going on with the Venus book for a 7.0...oh well, managed to go up again...thinking I might even be eligible for a prize this year... :whatthe: :insane:

15 hours ago, kav said:

I went 7.5 on both books.  At this point 2 pts is  great round.

That moment when you realize you didn't do as bad as you thought-I went 7.0 and 7.0

The picture of the cover for Venus 13 presented for grading and the one shown with the reveal are radically different to my eyes in terms of how vivid the colors and even what appeared to be wear.

That screwed me up a bit-- the color on that Venus seemed sort of washed out and with some wear/rough spots in places in that original picture.

As for the Human Torch-- I did not hammer it hard enough for the dust shadow. Seems like those books got their grades switched as someone else has mentioned.

anyway--- muddling along to the end.

Sincerely,

Mr. 32  errrr

Mr. 42

Edited by 01TheDude