• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2017 CGC Green Eggs Grading Contest - Round 9 Results

21 posts in this topic

2017 CGC Green Eggs Grading Contest Round 9 (of 10) Results

BK 17:   Human Torch #19 Off-White Pages  - Actual Grade: 5.5

BK 18:  Venus #13 Off-White to White Pages  - Actual Grade: 7.0

Round 9 Grade Breakdowns

Round-9-Breakdowns.gif

2017 Grading Contest: Round 9 Results - Leader Board

Round-9-Leaders.gif

Grading Contest Books:
01. Crimes by Women #3 (Superior)
02. Amazing Spider-man #129  (Marvel)
03. Western Thrillers #1 (Fox Features Synd.)
04. Astonishing Tales #25 (Marvel)
05. True Aviation Comics Digest #1 (Parents' Magazine Inst.)
06. Baloo and Little Britches #1 (Gold Key)
07. Star Wars #107 (Marvel)
08. Strange Adventures #50 (DC)
09. Jo-Jo Comics #7 (Fox Features Syndicate)
10. Gay Comics #31 (Timely Comics)
11. Amazing Spider-Man #135 (Marvel)
12. Incredible Hulk #102 (Marvel)
13. Black Panther #1 (Marvel)
14. Torchy #6 (Quality Comics)
15. Superman's Girlfriend Lois Lane #2 (DC)
16. War Stories #8 (Dell Publishing)
17. Human Torch #19 (Timely Comics)
18. Venus #13 (Atlas Comics)

Round 9 COMMENTARY

(Feel free to submit your own. :headbang:)

And with nine rounds now come and gone, a familiar figure stands alone atop the standings, toro.

Congrats to toro, marmat, LordRahl, and Chillax23 for the rare Double Bullseyes this penultimate round. :applause:

This is it. There are no more rounds after this next one.

The mathematically eliminated line has done its silent and deadly duty, leaving but seven to challenge for the throne.

Finishing should be motivation enough whether you are playing for place or for pride.

(But see below should you need that extra motivational push...  :foryou: )

ROUND TEN: THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE! :sumo:

Edited by sckao

Round 9 Commentary:

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times. For some, it was time to take a chance. For others, it was time to siht the bed. For toro, it was time to take the lead. 

This marathon is not over yet.  The final leg is now upon us.  The finish line is in sight, I can see it.  As we are running towards this same goal, I notice how the wind plays with ribbon ahead, making it dance, like magic.  Everything seems to slow down around me.  I notice that my legs are tired, my muscles throbbing, but I still have this power inside me that gives me the will to keep going.  I can do this!  I really can!!  I just passed Chillax23! Oh wow, I just passed LordRahl! I'm doing it!!! I'm overtaking TheGeneral! Why is everyone so slow now? I just ran by marmat. NinjaSealed and comicquant didn't even see me as I passed by them! Only one more ahead of me, it's toro.  I'm gaining on him...I'm gaining on him...

Would you like to know the end to this story?  You can, by simply submitting your grades for Round 10 before Monday night @10:00 PM EDT. Tune in to the finale on Monday night.

Edited by thirdgreenham
sp.

Please remember that there are prizes and the prize thread is in Comics General.  Prize picking will take place starting Tuesday morning at 10:00 AM EDT.  The top few guys may end up taking their prizes on Monday night after the final standings are released.  There will be some time limit enforced, as I will want the prizes to all be picked and awarded by the end of Tuesday night.  If you won't be around, you can PM me your list prizes, in order of preference.  I am working on organizing all the prizes and having them in my second and third posts of the Prize Thread in Comics General.  I'll get that done today. (thumbsu  Thanks all! Click me, I'll take you right to the Prize Thread!

-Andy

11 hours ago, jcjames said:

Kav, Oakman.... the management would like to have a word with you two. :taptaptap:

Our membership in The Continental has been revoked?

5 hours ago, thirdgreenham said:

Round 9 Commentary:

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times. For some, it was time to take a chance. For others, it was time to siht the bed. For toro, it was time to take the lead. 

This marathon is not over yet.  The final leg is now upon us.  The finish line is in sight, I can see it.  As we are running towards this same goal, I notice how the wind plays with ribbon ahead, making it dance, like magic.  Everything seems to slow down around me.  I notice that my legs are tired, my muscles throbbing, but I still have this power inside me that gives me the will to keep going.  I can do this!  I really can!!  I just passed Chillax23! Oh wow, I just passed LordRahl! I'm doing it!!! I'm overtaking TheGeneral! Why is everyone so slow now? I just ran by marmat. NinjaSealed and comicquant didn't even see me as I passed by them! Only one more ahead of me, it's toro.  I'm gaining on him...I'm gaining on him...

Would you like to know the end to this story?  You can, by simply submitting your grades for Round 10 before Monday night @10:00 PM EDT. Tune in to the finale on Monday night.

f8f3e924d366644e2336663cdff1309c.jpg

10 minutes ago, 1Cool said:

01TheDude - you use to be in second place.  Remember the good old days when we were both in the top ten?

You guys coulda been a contender....

4 hours ago, jcjames said:

Let the circular firing-squad assemble...

ps I do not recommend circular firing squads because, well-