• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

JOKER: THE MOVIE produced by Martin Scorsese (TBD)
1 1

1,790 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, kav said:

The difference is lecter is well written-his thought processes are logical and believable.  Joker is just CRAAAAAAAAZY and totally unbelievable.  A person like lecter is possible-the inspiration for shelock holmes was a real person.  No giggling dolt madman has ever made his way to lead a criminal enterprise.

How'd you feel about Killmonger in Black Panther preaching not only to kill people in power, but their children too?

BP_Killmonger01.png.92ea84dcbd6d1ffc6ee6d447cc1a9279.png

13 hours ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

First of all I loved Heath Ledger as he was great as the Joker, but I am thinking Joaquin Phoenix will take the Joker farther to mainstream audiences.

btw going forward I think after  people see Joaquin Phoenix as the Joker the younger generation might actually think Joker is cooler than Batman.

We shall see. 

It's a Joker-titled movie. So, of course it's going to take the character further for modern audiences.

Joker will never be "cooler" than Batman. Batman is who the average man wants to be. Joker is his antithesis.

16 hours ago, Larryw7 said:

What a load of poppycock.

I concur.  Really looking forward to this one.

The criticisms at this early a stage are absolute balderdash.

15 hours ago, kav said:

Ps I've dealt with plenty of actual crazy people-they are nothing like the Joker.  Crazy and mastermind dont go together in reality.  

There are a few notable exceptions to that throughout history. Plus we want the Joker to be the exception or he wouldn’t work. 

An editor of Image and Valiant Comics that is known to be less a fan of DC films was noting how the film will inspire people to copy the 2012 Aurora shooter because he dressed like the Joker.

Aurora_Shooting01.thumb.PNG.31112bf0977d23d1ba60b34fb6d6106e.PNG

He actually didn't.

Then she claimed it is just one of those films that supports violence, which she is against.

Heather_Antos01.thumb.PNG.241ffa1f828dc0ac7513dddb91f57d59.PNG

I guess The Punisher is one of those light-hearted romps. :facepalm:

Edited by Bosco685

Models for Joker continue to improve by leaps and bounds with each passing week.

Of notable impact in recent days has been the film’s hugely positive reception at Venice Film Festival and the ensuing wave of gushing critics’ reviews. Online chatter is embracing the hype, and our metrics now point to this clearly being the “water cooler” type of movie that inspires interest from a variety of demographics — not unlike another creepy clown movie from Warner Bros. in September 2017.

We remain cautious in expectations for staying power as the R-rated film is likely to be divisive among general audiences, but odds at becoming the first-ever $100 million+ opener in October history look increasingly favorable. At the very least, becoming one of the biggest R-rated debuts ever and topping Venom‘s standing $80.3 million record for October look like safe bets for now.

8 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

How'd you feel about Killmonger in Black Panther preaching not only to kill people in power, but their children too?

BP_Killmonger01.png.92ea84dcbd6d1ffc6ee6d447cc1a9279.png

Thats the 'MWAHHA HA!! KILL! KILL!!" bad guy, also way overdone.

2 hours ago, Oddball said:

There are a few notable exceptions to that throughout history. Plus we want the Joker to be the exception or he wouldn’t work. 

example?

35 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

What "demographics" are specifically interested in something like this?

You ain't touching $80MM let alone $100MM in October without families.  

And unlike "It", which was an absurdly and un-scary soft "R" rating that had a bunch of kids, and Deadpool, which only got an "R" due to its excessive comedic raunch, Joker is a hard "R" (something I actually like), low budget self styled down and dirty, grungy wannabe "art house" piece. 

So other than die hard fanboys, disaffected adolescent males who live on the internet, and fans of art house grunge cinema, who else is going to get you to those delusional, hyped up numbers ?  Because I don't know a single person who follows critical reaction from obscure movie festivals or use that as a basis for going to see a movie.  Especially when, as of now, there are still only a very small handful of reviews actually in.

-J.

Edited by Jaydogrules

2 minutes ago, Jaydogrules said:

What "demographics" are specifically interested in something like this?

You ain't touching $80MM let alone $100MM in October without families.  

And unlike "It", which was an absurdly and un-scary soft "R" rating that had a bunch of kids, and Deadpool, which only got an "R" due to its excessive comedic raunch, Joker is a hard "R" (something I actually like), low budget self styled down and dirty, grungy wannabe "art house" piece. 

So other than die hard fanboys, disaffected adolescent males who live on the internet, and fans of art house grunge cinema, who else is going to get you to those delusional, hyped up numbers ?  Because I don't know a single person who follows critical reaction from obscure movie festivals or use that as a basis for going to see a movie.  Especially when, as of now, there are still only a very small handful of reviews actually in.

-J.

https://www.boxofficepro.com/contact-us/

BoxOffice Pro is definitely awaiting your resume and expert services.

:baiting:

7 minutes ago, Jaydogrules said:

According to @paperheart their predictions are usually laughably wrong.  

-J.

So in your expert opinion, the target audience is:

• die hard fanboys
  • disaffected adolescent males who live on the internet
  • fans of art house grunge cinema

The good thing is we will know either way soon enough.

9 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

So in your expert opinion, the target audience is:

• die hard fanboys
  • disaffected adolescent males who live on the internet
  • fans of art house grunge cinema

The good thing is we will know either way soon enough.

This is just about making predictions.  It's all guesswork.   

Care to make one yourself ? :baiting:

-J.

1 minute ago, Jaydogrules said:

This is just about making predictions.  It's all guesswork.   

Care to make one yourself ? :baiting:

-J.

Not really. I don't throw out guesstimation other than the one time I did (Aquaman at $700M WW) I missed the mark completely.

Sorry for beating a dead drum, but this movie will be epic. I haven't been this excited about a superhero movie since Black Panther.

like I said sorry for repeating myself, but I think this Joker movie will be the first superhero/comic book movie that gets the major oscars.

5 hours ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

Sorry for beating a dead drum, but this movie will be epic. I haven't been this excited about a superhero movie since Black Panther.

like I said sorry for repeating myself, but I think this Joker movie will be the first superhero/comic book movie that gets the major oscars.

Ledger got supporting actor for joker

But it would be crazy if Joaquin got it for lead actor

22 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

Case in point, box office pro, as recently as 4 days ago, spouted that It  chapter 2 could earn as high as $140MM.

It will now be fortunate to get to $90MM.

So yeah, take their ludicrous predictions with the same grain of salt you take mine.  :wink:

-J.

54 minutes ago, Jaydogrules said:

Case in point, box office pro, as recently as 4 days ago, spouted that It  chapter 2 could earn as high as $140MM.

It will now be fortunate to get to $90MM.

So yeah, take their ludicrous predictions with the same grain of salt you take mine.  :wink:

-J.

I treat them both like a carpshoot. Just with their efforts, less 'carp' and more 'shoot'.

:baiting:

:foryou: