• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Can no longer hold books for SS?!?

8 posts in this topic

Any truth to this and if so when???

second time I heard about this last night... that facilitators have to send books back to CGC within a week-month?!? Can no longer piggyback books to multiple cons?!?

I have recently paid big money for multiple sigs with two major facilitators... I haven't heard from them in regards to this?!?

Edited by story cover & art by...

doesn't seem to be anything on the boards about it, if I was worried about it I'd call CGC directly right now.

1 hour ago, story cover & art by... said:

I called the operator said... "It depends on the facilitator"....

If your facilitator hasn't mentioned anything to you yet, then I wouldn't be too worried about it, assuming you're using a long established facilitator with a strong reputation.  But I would contact them just to make sure.

1 hour ago, story cover & art by... said:

Any truth to this and if so when???

second time I heard about this last night... that facilitators have to send books back to CGC within a week-month?!? Can no longer piggyback books to multiple cons?!?

I have recently paid big money for multiple sigs with two major facilitators... I haven't heard from them in regards to this?!?

The rules as I understand them (dating back at least a few years) was that books can be held for no more than a month once signed and all holdovers have to be approved by the SS director.  From the sounds of things, facilitators have been able to stretch this out a bit with the blessing of the director.  I can't speak in any official capacity, but if they start enforcing the month limit, it's not a new rule; it would simply be enforcing an existing rule. 

One of the most respected facilitators has been holding one of my books for many months (might even be a year by now) and I have no worries.  He got two of the signatures and has just been holding it to get the last one.

PS. I just checked and the original signing happened in July of last year and he was supposed to get the final signature at SDCC.

Edited by PhantomEwan
Update info

On 8/25/2017 at 10:28 AM, PhantomEwan said:

One of the most respected facilitators has been holding one of my books for many months (might even be a year by now) and I have no worries.  He got two of the signatures and has just been holding it to get the last one.

PS. I just checked and the original signing happened in July of last year and he was supposed to get the final signature at SDCC.

Agreed.  I have gone through the same thing, and am extremely glad the books were held so I could get some difficult multi-sigs on a book. I have utmost faith in the facilitator and it doesn't bother me a bit if my book(s) sit out there indefinitely with the right person.  I know they are in good hands.