• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rich's new (and old) slab sale from yellow to blue, bronze to modern and 10% all proceeds go to Hurricane Harvey relief
5 5

296 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Rich_Henn said:

Hitting the ground running with some books from my single favorite Houston resident, Terry Moore.

I reached out to Terry yesterday, he and Robin are okay.  I'm doing a follow up tonight.

Terry's work on Strangers in Paradise spurred me to relook at the indy scene again in the mid-90s.  I first heard of his book/work during an episode of the Anti-Gravity Room on Sci-Fi Channel.  I picked up the title, currently I think at the time, was at issue #10 or #11, I think.  

I was in my late 20s at the time, and his work inspired me to write my first fan letter since I was 15.

I commissioned Terry to do this for me years ago, I've tossed it out there once every few years---it's a keeper.  I can't remember what I put on it last time I showed it off, so I don't know if I'm on point, way off, or otherwise.  Was doing a series of theme sketches, this one was Peter Parker and Gwen Stacy.

Amazing Spider-Man #648 CGC 9.8 s/s sketched Terry Moore - $1800

asm648terrymooreA.jpg

(worship)