• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What books are increasing in value other than AF15?
2 2

76 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, G.A.tor said:

Please don't misquote me. 

I said some books like asm1, ff1 , tos39 , Jim 83 are selling upto 50% higher in some grades this year vs last year

i never told anyone Jim 83 was selling 50% more  

one  example is asm1 in 6.0. Sold 8700 last year, 13k+ this year. 

A second example ff1 in 5.5 sold 8900 last year and 14k+ this year. 

Sorry Gator my mistake I apologize.

6 hours ago, blazingbob said:

Absolutely.  Let somebody else do all the hard work and then you should share that information out for free because you are such a nice guy.  This thread reminds me of the emails I get from potential customers who will only buy a book if it is upgradeable.  Hmmmm.  Let me get this straight.  You want a discount on a book that if I got upgraded myself I could make more money on?  Yup,  here they are.

Spicoli You Dick - Uh, yeah

Edited by chrisco37

11 hours ago, blazingbob said:

Absolutely.  Let somebody else do all the hard work and then you should share that information out for free because you are such a nice guy.  This thread reminds me of the emails I get from potential customers who will only buy a book if it is upgradeable.  Hmmmm.  Let me get this straight.  You want a discount on a book that if I got upgraded myself I could make more money on?  Yup,  here they are.

And when posts are made to a forum board does anybody besides me think that after reading years and years of Overstreet dealer market reports that maybe those "forum experts" might be a little biased in what they recommend?  Sorry,  I always question the guys throwing out value when I know they own copies.     

...... while you're at it, Bob...... and this may not be the right place..... but I was wondering if you might have some $ 100 bills that I could buy from you for $ 50 ? Thanks in advance....for hookin' a brother up :cloud9: GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

On 9/1/2017 at 5:38 PM, SC22 said:

Yes to see what else is going on outside the world of AF15. Gator got me thinking since I thought the market was dead for everything except AF15 over the last year and he seems to think otherwise so I would like peoples opinions since I am wrong about my assumption.

On 9/1/2017 at 5:45 PM, SC22 said:
On 9/1/2017 at 2:44 PM, s14roller said:

Seems like quite a few.  Do you use GPA?  Check out any of the major keys, seems the trends have been up YoY.

What books have been going up I got the sens that only AF15 was doing so in the last 1 to 2 years? I seem to be wrong so I would like peoples input.

I believe the only person that thought AF 15 was the only book going up in value was just you and you alone, as you was seemingly lost in your own AF 15 centric world.  :baiting:

It was pretty obvious to everybody else that other books were also going up in value, although it was quite clear that AF 15 was the one leading the charge in terms of SA books.  Glad to see that you have finally managed to break out of your AF 15 prison and able to experience so much more.  (thumbsu  lol

On 9/2/2017 at 0:20 AM, Readcomix said:

How about Tec 359 and (though it's early bronze) HOS 92? At least in my anecdotal observation, they both seem on the move.

Both on fire.  A Tec 359 CGC 6.5 closed on HA last night for nearly $1,100.  That was a $600 book a year ago and already on fire then.

29 minutes ago, NoMan said:

Since I've been accused of being Mr. Negative my whole life, which comics are crashing and burning? And in which short box of mine in my closet can those issues be found?

lol That may be a more interesting topic, are there actually "any" Silver Age books that went down in value in the current Overstreet?  hm

On 9/2/2017 at 11:22 AM, Gotham Kid said:

Strange Tales 110. Buy all of them. In all grades. No matter the price. Hoard them like tomorrow is the last day.

You heard it here first.

The book is currently in a much more reasonable price range.

I have a 'Spidey sense' about 10 cent DC's. With all you Marvel Junkies out there, DC , outside of Batman, has been reasonably priced. I'm starting to notice it's getting harder to win a DC in auction on the cheap. Even Doug Schmell has caught on to DC with his current, mostly DC auction.  With the uber high grade DC's in this auction, I predict it will get the market's attention. Notable sales usually lead the charge. 

16 hours ago, lou_fine said:

I believe the only person that thought AF 15 was the only book going up in value was just you and you alone, as you was seemingly lost in your own AF 15 centric world.  :baiting:

It was pretty obvious to everybody else that other books were also going up in value, although it was quite clear that AF 15 was the one leading the charge in terms of SA books.  Glad to see that you have finally managed to break out of your AF 15 prison and able to experience so much more.  (thumbsu  lol

Your right gonna get my head out of my.....

6 hours ago, Bomber-Bob said:

I have a 'Spidey sense' about 10 cent DC's. With all you Marvel Junkies out there, DC , outside of Batman, has been reasonably priced. I'm starting to notice it's getting harder to win a DC in auction on the cheap. Even Doug Schmell has caught on to DC with his current, mostly DC auction.  With the uber high grade DC's in this auction, I predict it will get the market's attention. Notable sales usually lead the charge. 

I concur.

I collect mostly the Super-titles and I was looking at the prices I paid for 10¢ books a couple of years ago compared to now, and it's night and day. Gone are the days of being the only bidder in the room for the "stale old DC books."

22 minutes ago, nearmint said:

The solo 9.8 copy of Brave & the Bold #54 is up for auction on CL and is currently at 30K with a week to go. 

I noticed that and the first thing that came to my mind was the GL 76 that sold for something like $37K , NM 98 that sold for $12K, or FF 52 that sold for $90K, and Avengers 4 for whatever amount. 

All books that sold for ridiculous amounts of money and then similar graded copies ended up selling for much less than that as more copies made their way into the marketplace within a short period of time.  hm  :tonofbricks: