• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

RIP Len Wein
4 4

65 posts in this topic

Sad to hear he passed away. I knew he was on borrowed time when I saw him a few years back at Phoenix Comicon he looked terrible. Trimpe's passing was the shocker to me. This is the best piece Wein signed for me and is one of the rarest signed comic in the census since it is signed by Glynis Oliver.

image.thumb.png.ebb2849ecd8e7f2917469453c48a0aa1.png

The day I met him in Vegas and he did the Batman sketch, I had just bought a New X-Men Omnibus. It completely skipped my mind that he was involved with it.

It wasn't until later that night that a board's asked me if he'd signed it that I remembered.

13 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Oh No! the comics SS Marvel Preview 2 that I'm waiting to get back that is at CGC he signed, I guess it makes it all the more special, but dang kind of slaps me in the face all at the same time.... :( 

I had the same thing happen with Carmine Infantino, and then I realized it ended up being his last signing too... And yeah,I'm never selling that book (bet you'll feel the same!)

I'm very upset about this news. Just last week I was reading  an interview with him from a recent issue of Alter Ego. I was very interested to learn about his early days in fandom and working on fanzines. I didn't realize that he also had some drawing skills. Another one of the greats has left us. Big bummer. :frown:

19 hours ago, comicwiz said:

A great story honouring Len that really should be shared: Len Wein's Snoopy-Inspired Batman Tale

I was 10 or 11 when I read that, and even at that age I knew it was tongue in cheek, but I had no idea the backstory.  Great link.

Deepest sympathies to the Wein family.