• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ComicXposure as a reliable company ?

8 posts in this topic

I ordered from ComicXposure back in July, some were pre-orders of comics yet to be released but have since been released in early August and it's now mid-September.  I've not received my order nor a status update nor response to an emailed inquiry a week ago, so the next step is to give them a call and then in a worst case scenario call up my credit card company to file a chargeback to cancel my order and receive a refund.

Is this a unique problem with ComicXposure whether it's dealing with pre-orders or any online orders?

My fear is that they offer some comics on pre-order which end up being "hot" and issue refunds, not fulfilling orders, where I'd be then scrambling to get the issues I thought I had locked and loaded.  My "spider-sense" is tingling a bit here, as I'm sort of wary of this company based on their non-communication.

It's basically a one man organization. He is slow but I did eventually get my items(pre-orders of the first round of  Venomized variants) after I put in a fraud complaint with my debit card company. After the bank did a charge back and a credit to my bank account he sent the comics. I dropped the complaint after he sent the comics and he got his money back. Not once did he answer an email, phone call nor private message on his Facebook page. No communication period. He is constantly doing promotions and he has some awesome comics but the guy is not professional.

2 hours ago, kairos70 said:

It's basically a one man organization. He is slow but I did eventually get my items(pre-orders of the first round of  Venomized variants) after I put in a fraud complaint with my debit card company. After the bank did a charge back and a credit to my bank account he sent the comics. I dropped the complaint after he sent the comics and he got his money back. Not once did he answer an email, phone call nor private message on his Facebook page. No communication period. He is constantly doing promotions and he has some awesome comics but the guy is not professional.

I will give him a chance to reply to fulfill the order and if it falls to deaf ears or isn't fulfilled to a promised date, I'll do a chargeback.  I have a friend in the payment processing industry, and he tells me chargebacks are the death of a company as are BBB (better business bureau) complaints, so, unfortunately it often takes those steps to get attention and service.

7 hours ago, darkstar said:

Stop giving these people money

This.

They did not send my order to me as well, I had to open up a claim with PayPal. It was dealt with, and I got my money back, and that was because he never replied to them either.

If I want a comicxposure variant I will wait, and get it in auction from a reseller.

I ordered some exclusive variants and ended up disputing charges with my CC company after multiple unanswered emails and voicemail messages.  What's funny is I ended up getting those books off another much more reliable site.  I love some of the variants they get, but I refuse to order from them directly anymore.  

They are simply the worst in the business.  You cannot reach anyone at the company via phone or email.  I had to open a dispute with PayPal to get my money back from them.  If they're the only company offering an exclusive variant that I want, I'll just go without it.