• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ALL-BAKER COMICS
7 7

515 posts in this topic

14 minutes ago, exitmusicblue said:

My top 3 are in the top 3 waaaahoooooooo :D  lol

I think many voters matched 2 or 3 of the top three.  Well, obviously.  But, the numerical difference between most of the books is about ten or less.  But the difference between #3 and #4 is forty-five!  The top three were apparently no-brainers for many of us, but after that, opinions varied widely.  

12 minutes ago, Zolnerowich said:
35 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

The hairlipped shark always spoiled this one a little for me...

Aww, you've kind of just ruined that cover for me. :sick:

Baker typically worked from swipe files, so there's probably a photo of a shark that looked like that out there somewhere.

Or maybe it's a wound from a previous encounter with Alani? hm

7 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

1 hour ago, 29dukedog said:
1 hour ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

WHHHAAATTTT!!!????? :whatthe:

I did not win the SS 6 Church copy.  Too rich for my blood. 

Of course, that's what you would say! :)

Not me.  If I'd won that book, I'd hold it up high and exclaim, "Look what I've got!"  

1 hour ago, 29dukedog said:

I think many voters matched 2 or 3 of the top three.  Well, obviously.  But, the numerical difference between most of the books is about ten or less.  But the difference between #3 and #4 is forty-five!  The top three were apparently no-brainers for many of us, but after that, opinions varied widely.  

Yes, my point was 3 for 3 ??

13 hours ago, Sqeggs said:

When I was a kid in the 1960s, a woman who lived downstairs from us had that sort of white streak in her hair.  It was the style apparently, although it always struck me as unappealing -- not as unappealing as the cover to PL 17, though. :insane:

So a white streak was hip at some point in time? Cool, good for them! Glad it was artificial and not a natural mark (for aging). :)

Nonetheless, where's that copy with black or dark-blue ct ...

(volunteers? xD)

13 hours ago, 29dukedog said:

#1 Cinderella Love 25 - 119  

(The real deal)  

cl25_Ja_pb.jpg

Of course. That's a beauty in so many ways. Decently glamourous.

I like the cover with her older sister (TAR 32) just a little bit better, and that's because ... sis looks more experienced ... :blush:

Hey, I'm not the only one who falls mainly just for the look of eyes here!!

Edited by Pickie
"mainly" added; rest of cover is important, too, obviously

9 hours ago, 29dukedog said:

The top three were apparently no-brainers for many of us, but after that, opinions varied widely.  

... one can approach this theme (Baker/Baker-like cover art) from so many different angles ... Just like everything in the comic book universe. Sometimes you meet, sometimes you don't. xD

I like how Calvin (by Watterson) put it: "There's treasure everywhere!" :whee:

Great boards here, thank you. :golfclap: