• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Baltimore Con 2017 Report
1 1

108 posts in this topic

On 9/24/2017 at 12:47 PM, BlowUpTheMoon said:
On 9/23/2017 at 8:59 PM, Pontoon said:

Almost looks like one of those Buffalo area shows.

Expect pictures from next weekends Buffalo Con.

Are you suuure it's next weekend? :eyeroll:

2 minutes ago, GACollectibles said:
On 9/24/2017 at 12:47 PM, BlowUpTheMoon said:
On 9/23/2017 at 8:59 PM, Pontoon said:

Almost looks like one of those Buffalo area shows.

Expect pictures from next weekends Buffalo Con.

Are you suuure it's next weekend? :eyeroll:

:wishluck:

8 hours ago, DanCooper said:

NOT directing this to anyone personally here on the boards, but it sounds as though the Baltimore hotels may have gotten a "whiff"of this New York Post story (thread below) from a few years ago and prepared for the "legendary" sanitary habits of comic fans! Hence perhaps, the reason for their air freshener paranoia!

http://nypost.com/2013/10/10/comic-con-plea-shower/

The Renaissance is cool.  And a pretty easy walk.

4 hours ago, lizards2 said:

How is the Doom Patrol collection coming?

in a perpetual state of "almost done" for close to 5 years now.  there are two or three books that just don't exist in grade at all...or are so unwanted to have not been submitted enough to shake more copies loose

1 hour ago, Sal said:
5 hours ago, lizards2 said:

How is the Doom Patrol collection coming?

in a perpetual state of "almost done" for close to 5 years now.  there are two or three books that just don't exist in grade at all...or are so unwanted to have not been submitted enough to shake more copies loose

Ahhh..., just some of the joys of collecting DC.  There are quite a few even silver age books where if you see an 8.0 or an 8.5, you need to jump, as you may never see better. :D

51 minutes ago, Junkdrawer said:
1 hour ago, Timmay said:

What a fiasco. 

And yes, I was in that line. 

Me too

Never submit!  :sumo:

17 hours ago, 1Cool said:

Damn - forgot to say hi to Foolkiller.  Where was his booth?  By the CGC booth or over by Leroy's booth.  Any pictures of Foolkiller ever been posted since I want to see if I bought from him.

We definitely spoke, you stopped by the booth and looked for a bit.  Asian guy, glasses, flip flops.  I thought it was you, but then got distracted by someone else, and by that time you were off on the hunt again.  I'll do a little more on my thoughts on the con later, but I thought it was pretty good overall as it usually is.

On 9/25/2017 at 8:54 AM, Zolnerowich said:

Wow. My room at the Day's Inn hotel also delivered a full frontal assault on my nose and lungs with a totally noxious air "un"-freshener. Thought I was going to break out in hives. I remarked on this at the front desk; they told me someone else had made the same complaint.

Sounds like this is a thing at the Baltimore budget hotels. 

I love that kind of response.  In that case, maybe it's time to do something about it! :sumo:

1 hour ago, ygogolak said:

I couldn't tell if the smell in my room was from it being a former smoking room and trying to cover it up or if it was coming from the window air conditioner.

Did you check under the bed for dead hookers?