• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comics on Record Covers and Record Covers in Comics
1 1

178 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Aweandlorder said:

Married with sea monsters - face it tiger. The spider Gwen record limited to 300 signed by the band, Latour, Rodriguez, & Renzi on release date

IMG_7051.JPG

Everything about that is cool (thumbsu

I couldn't find the comics related items on television and movie thread so i will throw this video in this thread... the FANGORIA MAGAZINE shown from a typical "Friday the 13th" movie

SPOILER - do not watch the whole video if you think she won't be getting the mandatory axe in the head.........

Edited by 1950's war comics
added word: mandatory

10 hours ago, 1950's war comics said:

I couldn't find the comics related items on television and movie thread so i will throw this video in this thread... the FANGORIA MAGAZINE shown from a typical "Friday the 13th" movie

SPOILER - do not watch the whole video if you think she won't be getting the mandatory axe in the head.........

A-ha! A new dimension to the thread - comics in films and TV shows! Excellent. More please - chop chop!  :headbang:

Edited by Marwood & I
The axe

10 hours ago, Tony D said:

Not on album covers but these two photos show Jimi Hendrix with a Mad Magazine and Mitch Mitchell playing drums on the same issue while Noel Redding and Jimi are in the background

JimiHendrixExperienceMitchMitchellPlaysDrumsOnMad.jpg

JimiHendrixReadingMad.jpg

A-ha! Another new dimension to the thread - comics in the hands of famous people! Excellent - I'm Mad for it! :headbang:

21 minutes ago, hesdeadjim said:

I would post the Ramones "I wanna be sedated" video if I knew how.

And maybe a pic of Gregg Bendian's "Requiem for Jack Kirby" album cover.

Requiem-for-Jack-Kirby.jpeg.202db605642804a7a81c694a30654344.jpeg

:headbang::headbang:

1 hour ago, Jaylam said:

Here's Paul McCartney with several Superman titles up on his piano or organ from the mid sixties.

image.jpeg

What better way to play with your organ....:cloud9:

5 hours ago, Tony D said:

Eric Clapton reading BEANO on the cover of John Mayall albumJohnMayallEricClaptonBluesbreakersBeano.thumb.jpg.3983989e8faaaa15eb6b6a585fcefc7a.jpg

A perfect example of the genre @Tony D. A comic on a record cover. And a very cool record cover at that :headbang:

On 17/10/2017 at 1:59 AM, Von Cichlid said:

Simon Bisley artwork on this one:

R-3517571-1408897296-6017.jpeg.jpg

Crikey!  You wouldn't find that on an ABBA cover would you @Von Cichlid:bigsmile:

Or would you....? hm

On 9/25/2017 at 4:04 PM, newshane said:

Also, Todd McFarlane drew the cover to Korn's "Follow the Leader" album. 

korn.JPG

I always thought Capullo drew that cover for some reason. 

Edited by deadleg

6 hours ago, Marwood & I said:

Crikey!  You wouldn't find that on an ABBA cover would you @Von Cichlid:bigsmile:

Or would you....? hm

You should check out Agnetha Fältskog’s one-off progressive doom metal album. Quite scary.

3 hours ago, deadleg said:

I always thought Capullo drew that cover for some reason. 

Hmmm....looks like it was a team effort.

From Wiki:

The artwork for Follow the Leader was done by Todd McFarlane Entertainment, with McFarlane and fellow Image Comics artists Greg Capullo (penciller) and Brian Hagelin (colorist) doing the album cover, and designer Brent Ashe handling the graphics work.[10][13] According to drummer David Silveria, the band got interested in McFarlane after hearing that "Todd had actually referred to us as 'the Doors of the 90's'", leading to them recording a song for Spawn, a film based on a comic book by McFarlane, and eventually approaching the artist to make an album cover for them.[14] The cover art depicts a child hopscotching off a cliff and a gathering of kids waiting to follow, a concept that begun with bassist Reginald "Fieldy" Arvizu and sketched by a friend of Jonathan Davis before being submitted to McFarlane. It marked the third straight Korn cover featuring children in a disturbing context, which Davis explained by saying that "Children are always scared when they're all happy and stuff. They're the most beautiful thing in the world, but when you see it in our artwork, the way we've placed it, it's just kinda in' weird."[15][16] The "Freak on a Leash" music video features animated segments by McFarlane featuring this cover art.[17]

28 minutes ago, newshane said:

Hmmm....looks like it was a team effort.

From Wiki:

The artwork for Follow the Leader was done by Todd McFarlane Entertainment, with McFarlane and fellow Image Comics artists Greg Capullo (penciller) and Brian Hagelin (colorist) doing the album cover, and designer Brent Ashe handling the graphics work.[10][13] According to drummer David Silveria, the band got interested in McFarlane after hearing that "Todd had actually referred to us as 'the Doors of the 90's'", leading to them recording a song for Spawn, a film based on a comic book by McFarlane, and eventually approaching the artist to make an album cover for them.[14] The cover art depicts a child hopscotching off a cliff and a gathering of kids waiting to follow, a concept that begun with bassist Reginald "Fieldy" Arvizu and sketched by a friend of Jonathan Davis before being submitted to McFarlane. It marked the third straight Korn cover featuring children in a disturbing context, which Davis explained by saying that "Children are always scared when they're all happy and stuff. They're the most beautiful thing in the world, but when you see it in our artwork, the way we've placed it, it's just kinda in' weird."[15][16] The "Freak on a Leash" music video features animated segments by McFarlane featuring this cover art.[17]

Very cool! (thumbsu