ComicArtTracker.com
4 4

302 posts in this topic

Looks nice. However...

after signing up I am left confused as to why it told me it was searching only 89 out of the available sources. I searched for something I knew to be in one of the sites you mentioned in the paragraph above and it wasn't found (perhaps not a site in one of the 89 it searched). That being said I only had 5 mins for a quick browse and haven't even looked for a FAQ.

1XY8aV8.png

 

Also the results page was blank when nothing was found so I logged in via a different browser just to see if it was a problem at my end or if a blank white space beneath my search means nothing is found. When I searched for "Batman"results were shown. It's a small thing but getting the search to tell you when no results are found lets you know the search was successful e.g.

OntmfpT.png

 

Will definitely have a play with it to see how it feels. Thanks (thumbsu

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Flambit said:

Pretty fantastic.  

I'd love to see an option to restrict certain dealers from my search...  *cough*coollines*cough*

In the settings there is a "sources" tab which allows you to customize which sources are included in searches.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for your encouragements! I'll try to answer yours questions promptly.

 

2 hours ago, Flambit said:

Pretty fantastic.  

I'd love to see an option to restrict certain dealers from my search...  *cough*coollines*cough*

You can go to your Settings page, click on the "Sources" button and select / unselect the sources you want.

 

2 hours ago, Garf said:

Looks nice. However...

after signing up I am left confused as to why it told me it was searching only 89 out of the available sources. I searched for something I knew to be in one of the sites you mentioned in the paragraph above and it wasn't found (perhaps not a site in one of the 89 it searched). That being said I only had 5 mins for a quick browse and haven't even looked for a FAQ.

By default I only pre-select a subset of all sources... maybe I'm wrong and should select every source, if it's not easy to understand why.

 

2 hours ago, Garf said:

Also the results page was blank when nothing was found so I logged in via a different browser just to see if it was a problem at my end or if a blank white space beneath my search means nothing is found. When I searched for "Batman"results were shown. It's a small thing but getting the search to tell you when no results are found lets you know the search was successful e.g.

Supposed to display a specific message, I'll have to check that, thanks for pointing this out!

 

1 hour ago, GotSuperPowers? said:

@NicoV it doesn't look like you're hitting my humble site of www.gotsuperpowers.com - Please could you add it?  Thanks much, and playing around with it now...

You're already on CAT: http://comicarttracker.com/en/got-super-powers/available-art  :)

 

10 minutes ago, Ryanfromottawa said:

Amazing site...... ! @NicoV could you add my friends wonderful site moregreatart.com also please?

I'll send you a message !

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, this is such a great tool! Many, many thanks to Nico for all his hard work putting this together. I've been helping test it and I am down to just CAF and CAT (ComicArtTracker) for checking new art listings. CAT pretty much covers everything out there except for these boards and CAF. And Nico is still adding new sources.

Be sure to setup your Favorite keywords. Then, go to the Favorites page and click Check Now. Play with the Track and Discard buttons. Also play with the Tracked/Not-Tracked and Discarded/Not-Discarded filters on the Favorites page.

If you click a picture, a lightbox loads and you can use the left and right arrows to move through the listings. Also, use the T key to Track or D key to Discard right from the lightbox.

The Favorites page is a great way of seeing all of your selects across auctions and fixed-price listings so you can budget or prioritize your next purchase.

Edited by BCarter27
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
4 4