• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Please refresh my memory on a GA book with interior signature

2 posts in this topic

I know this has been discussed before and I think I know the answers but please either confirm or correct the following:

I have a National Comics #4 that would grade around 4.0 or so I believe.  The book is signed presumably by Will Eisner on the first page and it does appear to be authenic.  I know of course it will be a SS book but my questions are:

With the book in lower grade, I am assuming unless there are other restoration/conservation/qualifying defects, it will get a blue label and not a qualified.  I also realize the signature may impact the grade negatively although again it is not a high grader so the cumulative affects of all other wear and condition factors, I do think the signature could drop it drastically.   So first two questions:

Blue Label or Green Label?

At a 4.0 grade otherwise, how much does the signature drop it if any?

As a follow-up to those questions:

I believe I can request a blue label instead of green if CGC did opt to go green.  By requesting the blue label, the grade would show the decrease based on the signature.  Is that correct as far as the request for an interior signature that I can ask for blue and have the signature count as a negative grading defect?  

Also, since it is a known creator, albeit unwitnessed/uncertified, will CGC note on the label - "Will Eisner" written on 1st page.   I found Gemma's response to a similar question from Ask CGC so I assume that is still accurate.

Here are some pics of the signature in case you were curious.  Thanks folks :foryou:

20170927_145537.thumb.jpg.149fb3b69551917630f241757e703c93.jpg20170927_145525.thumb.jpg.846a282a1e9220da106bc1403c46ce0b.jpg

20170927_145511.jpg

20170927_145543.jpg

blue label - sig will not drop the grade --- and will note" Will Eisner" written on 1st page 

save the pictures - so you have a reference of what the sig looks like!

even higher grade books - a simple interior signature will not have a drop ( something grossly oversized in sharpie might) ..... I know cuz I got burned by this once in a discussion thinking an interior sig would drop from a 9.8, and a fellow boardie  drops the :makepoint: showing me a 9.8.....