• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New to 30 Cent Variants
1 1

7 posts in this topic

A few months ago I bought my first 30 cent variant (Avengers #149) .  It was in the wild in a lot of 40 miscellaneous books for sale on eBay.  Prior to said purchase, I had no interest at all in 30 cent variants, but 30 cent variants are now my main focus in collecting comic books.  I live in western WI, nowhere near a test market.  Other than the obvious online marketplaces (eBay; Comic Connect; Comic Link; My Comic Shop; etc.), are there any other options for buy/sell/trade in 30 cent variants?  It seems that I keep seeing the same titles/issues for sale on eBay.  I have yet to get a Western 30 Cent Variant, although I have been able to obtain C of C 22 and 23 and WWT 17.

On 10/7/2017 at 9:10 PM, fastballspecial said:

There are some boardies in Test areas you can try that I hate. :baiting:

I kid you can try some of them as they see 30 cent variant much more then us slobs that have to travel to find them.

Thx. I can't seem to get enuf of them (the books I mean)  .I am kind of new to chat boards, not quite sure how they work, so I just noticed this.

3 minutes ago, androolx said:

Thx.  I am kind of new to chat boards, not quite sure how they work, so I just noticed this.

No sweat, I live in San Antonio, same as THB, and S.A. was a 'test area' city.  If you check the "price variant club" thread in BRONZE, started by Flying Donut, you'll notice THB posted a couple of variants he acquired in recent months, and I was complimenting his skills at finding these books in the wild.

Edited by grebal

6 minutes ago, grebal said:

No sweat, I live in San Antonio, same as THB, and S.A. was a 'test area' city.  If you check the "price variant club" thread in BRONZE, started by Flying Donut, you'll notice THB posted a couple of variants he acquired in recent months, and I was complimenting his skills at finding these books in the wild.

I did read that earlier.  I started this topic by accident, actually.  Like I said, I am not much of a chat boarder/blogger, but I am learning.  Thx for the guidance.