• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What to use to remove sticker residue from slab?

11 posts in this topic

Remove the book from outer and inner wells, then dispose of wells, and place book in M2 with Fullback.  Place label behind back of Fullback.  Problem solved!

28 minutes ago, Comicdave said:

I use Goo Gone to take off any sticker residue.

do your books have a fresh citrus scent?

2 minutes ago, mattn792 said:

Ideally, get ComicLink to stop putting those gd stickers on the books they sell.  Best solution I’ve found is a new holder, but nail polish remover works to a decent extent.

I don't think I'd be using nail polish remover on a slab.  If mattn792 found success, great for them, but I think Goo Gone is a far better and lower risk proposition.  

Simply peel as much of the label off as you can....scrape the remainder with your fingernail to get to the "backing" of the sticker.  Simply apply some Goo Gone....wait two minutes and you can work the remaining residue off with your fingernail again so you avoid any scratches.  Then simply wipe off the residue...

This is what I use and it works like a charm.....