• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CRACKEN IS CLOSED
3 3

77 posts in this topic

I'm A Cop #2 8.5 OWW   $125    SOLD

all Powell all the time in this funny little three issue ME run.  Of which #2 is by far the coolest.

This would be a great book to start or add to your "breaking through the plate glass window" subsubsub genre.  The Cop does so aggressively, with great bushido.  Gang members with artful beaded gang belts, prepare to suffer...and get glass splinters too.  Ouch!  But that's just too dang bad...cause

I'M A COP (and you're not)

ImACop02fa_zps6dgqqnvy.jpg

ImACop02ba_zpsjiw089ge.jpg

ImACop02cert_zpsbsfiuuey.jpg

Edited by Dr. Love

8 minutes ago, Dr. Love said:

I'm A Cop #2 8.5 OWW   $125

all Powell all the time in this funny little three issue ME run.  Of which #2 is by far the coolest.

This would be a great book to start or add to your "breaking through the plate glass window" subsubsub genre.  The Cop does so aggressively, with great bushido.  Gang members with artful beaded gang belts, prepare to suffer...and get glass splinters too.  Ouch!  But that's just too dang bad...cause

I'M A COP (and you're not)

ImACop02fa_zps6dgqqnvy.jpg

ImACop02ba_zpsjiw089ge.jpg

ImACop02cert_zpsbsfiuuey.jpg

take it

Uncanny Tales #5 4.5 OWW    $175   SOLD Per PM

My kind of 4.5, what can I say.  Presents well, nice gloss.  Stuff happening on the bc, the only grader's note:  "right bottom back cover medium tear".  It's 2" long, and when the book is flat it blends in, as you can see in the scan.  Most of the 4.5 is due to this defect.

Killer Heath cover with great red fade.

UncannyTales05f_zps8cyohyys.jpg

UncannyTales05b_zpsyilenaj4.jpg

Fantastic spread by Vic Carrabotta!

IMG_8605_zpscboobawg.jpg

UncannyTales05cert_zpsxd1kdee5.jpg

Edited by Dr. Love

and the Okajima.  The strangest Oki of all.  No superhero tie-in, no character or action to entice the reader into buying a cover that promotes the war effort.  No come-on.

This cover is all about The Bond.  I think it's the largest most in your face bond promotion out of all the Bond Sales or Support books.

And that makes it a highly ironic purchase for Miss Fumiko Okajima.  Sure, I'd rather have one of the intense Tojo covers where his teeth are as big as gravestones and he's getting the shiite kicked out of him.  One of those that make you wonder and the ped so appealing: "really, what was she thinking?"  Hey, anything for Number #1 Son - he wanted comics, big sis got the comics, like a good Japanese girl.  Handled the books, kept everything straight.

But what could George Okajima want with the Target below?  No relation to a comic, no pics on the cover of strange things happening, just an enormous WAR BOND directed to Mr. and Mrs. America.  How ironic that the most War Bondy of all the War Bond books ends up with the Okajimas in Gila Camp.

That's why I love it.  It's different, and weirdly sad and incongruous and mysterious.

Target V5#4 5.5 OW 6/30/44 "4B"   $650   SOLD

2nd highest grade out of 2, believe it or not, and very pressable for a likely higher grade

TargetComicsv54f_zpsjnz7farn.jpg

TargetComicsv54b_zpsamlkjb04.jpg

TargetComicsv54cert_zpsmkioyjlz.jpg

Edited by Dr. Love

Just now, Dr. Love said:

and the Okajima.  The strangest Oki of all.  No superhero tie-in, no character or action to entice the reader into buying a cover that promotes the war effort.  No come-on.

This cover is all about The Bond.  I think it's the largest most in your face bond promotion out of all the Bond Sales or Support books.

And that makes it a highly ironic purchase for Miss Fumiko Okajima.  Sure, I'd rather have one of the intense Tojo covers where his teeth are as big as gravestones and he's getting the shiite kicked out of him.  One of those that make you wonder and the ped so appealing: "really, what was she thinking?"  Hey, anything for Number #1 Son - he wanted comics, big sis got the comics, like a good Japanese girl.  Handled the books, kept everything straight.

But what could George Okajima want with the Target below?  No relation to a comic, no pics on the cover of strange things happening, just an enormous WAR BOND directed to Mr. and Mrs. America.  How ironic that the most War Bondy of all the War Bond books ends up with the Okajimas in Gila Camp.

That's why I love it.  It's different, and weirdly sad and incongruous and mysterious.

Target V5#4 5.5 OW 6/30/44 "4B"   $650

2nd highest grade out of 2, believe it or not, and very pressable for a likely higher grade

:takeit:

Just now, Dr. Love said:

Target V5#4 5.5 OW 6/30/44 "4B"   $650

Takeit

RECAP

offers welcome

Adventures into the Unknown #11 6.5 CR-OW   $125

Battle Action #3 6.0 OWW   $225

Dale Evans Comics #3 9.4 White   $1,000

Kid Colt Outlaw #54 8.5 OW   $350

Uncanny Tales #5 4.5 OWW   $175  SOLD Per PM

Edited by Dr. Love