• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SHOW US YOUR GOLDEN AGE CANADIAN COMICS
12 12

1,827 posts in this topic

This is not one of the Canadian Whites, but it is a cool Canadian book nonetheless. The interior is the same as Blue Beetle #50 cloud9.gif

952432-zoot13.jpg

Don't suppose you could let us (or me :-) ) know the name of the Canadian publisher here?

my best

-Ray Bottorff Jr

Unfortunately, I no longer own the book, so I can't help you with the publisher. If you haven't already, you should contact Board member eccomic (who started this thread). I think he's the person on the Board with the most Canadian comics knowledge smile.gif

This is not one of the Canadian Whites, but it is a cool Canadian book nonetheless. The interior is the same as Blue Beetle #50 cloud9.gif

952432-zoot13.jpg

Don't suppose you could let us (or me :-) ) know the name of the Canadian publisher here?

my best

-Ray Bottorff Jr

Hi Ray:

I don't know if you've discovered either the Grand Comics Database (www.comics.org) or the CGC Census as sources of this kind of information, but a lot of it can be found in those 2 places. According to CGC, this Zoot book was published by Export Publishing in 1948 thumbsup2.gif

Steve

Not at all. I have a VG/FINE copy and know of 2 other copies extant of which one is in the possession of Al Stoltz of Basment comics and just like myself, he aint selling his copy either. Thus FOUR copies I have seen of this book in the past 2 yrs.

Oh John I looked at the Heritage Database for past auctions and it clearly states the following verbatim:

Triumph #26 Rockford pedigree (Bell Features, 1940s) CGC VG+ 4.5 Off-white to white pages.... Sold for: $217.35 (includes BP)....Ended: Apr 4, 2004

Triumph #26 Rockford pedigree (Bell Features, 1940s) CGC VG+ 4.5 Off-white to white pages. Rare Canadian comic. No listing in Overstreet.

See attached pic.

1312817-14041009034o.jpg.2d52e3e60165de6b4b6db9a5b55fe5d7.jpg