• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SHOW US YOUR GOLDEN AGE CANADIAN COMICS
12 12

1,827 posts in this topic

13 minutes ago, aardvark88 said:

fyi, current editor Hope Nicholson has reprinted rare, color WoW Comics #1 (Canadian; right pic) for $10, and compiled a Dime Comics Canadian White :idea: reprint that retails for $5.

5jgszvD.jpg

where can I get these ?

Edited by porcupine48
imget aard and jimjums avatars confuseleded

8 minutes ago, aardvark88 said:

Try editor/writer Mrs. Hope Nicholson's Bedside Press online for Canadian Whites compilations or facsimile reprint volumes. She travels to several comicons or fantasy art festivals throughout Canada promoting her books.

Cdn. Whites reprints

thank you sir.

6 hours ago, eccomic said:

Weekenders are fun... I am fortunate the have the complete run. 

IMG_3145.JPG

IMG_3148.JPG

IMG_3150.JPG

Weekender1.jpg

I didn't realize that they used the cover from Zip 45.  I had seen the Dynamic cover before.

23626448326_c9d94464e1_b.jpg

On 2017-5-21 at 2:36 PM, porcupine48 said:

Ordered!

Were you able to pick up one of these too? I picked this up at Strange Adventures earlier this year. I heard that Bedside ran out of stock a month or so ago.

Scan_20170523.jpg

Sorry I've been a stranger everyone. I've been busy working on a project cataloguing Canadian comics from the 60s-late 80s. I took a trip to Library and Archives Canada in Ottawa earlier this month with a fellow boardie and one of the books we looked at caught me by surprise. Here is Kenny Moran's mini from the 1980s called "Who is the Hawk?" Moran was an amateur comic creator who published a lot of stuff in the 80s out of Winnipeg. He also was quite aware of the Canadian Whites. Remind anyone of something?

Who is the Hawk.JPG

1 hour ago, ecgt said:

Were you able to pick up one of these too? I picked this up at Strange Adventures earlier this year. I heard that Bedside ran out of stock a month or so ago.

Scan_20170523.jpg

It was available when I ordered it..I hope so.

And next time you're in Ottawa,shoot me a message!I'm five minutes away from where you were!

16 hours ago, porcupine48 said:

It was available when I ordered it..I hope so.

And next time you're in Ottawa,shoot me a message!I'm five minutes away from where you were!

Will do. It could be a while, though. I was in Ottawa for an anthropology conference and was only able to slip away from it to go to the LAC for one day. 

On 5/23/2017 at 3:45 PM, ecgt said:

I've been buying Canadian books like crazy lately, but this is the first and only White I've purchased this year. Got it a few weeks ago here in Halifax. Cover is detached and split, but it's complete. They're still out there.

Scan_20170523 (2).jpg

Interesting Hitler cover.