• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SHOW US YOUR GOLDEN AGE CANADIAN COMICS
12 12

1,827 posts in this topic

Several people wrote me, thanks!  But sorry I was not looking to sell these, I was asked to and wanted to post them and I'll try and do more.   At some time, and I 'm sorry that I don't always have more time, but I will try to post something interesting. In the meantime this bunch came out of an East Van basement two months ago. Of particular interest to this link is a Dime, a Joke and Two Lucky's (there is a punch line in there somewhere) but gosh, one of the Lucky's wasn't on the CBDB -. I'll write more but I don't know when. 

IMG_20180414_174421.jpg

14 hours ago, PatrickinVancouver said:

Several people wrote me, thanks!  But sorry I was not looking to sell these, I was asked to and wanted to post them and I'll try and do more.   At some time, and I 'm sorry that I don't always have more time, but I will try to post something interesting. In the meantime this bunch came out of an East Van basement two months ago. Of particular interest to this link is a Dime, a Joke and Two Lucky's (there is a punch line in there somewhere) but gosh, one of the Lucky's wasn't on the CBDB -. I'll write more but I don't know when. 

IMG_20180414_174421.jpg

What a wonderful find! Thanks for posting and welcome to the boards!

On 6/23/2018 at 5:44 PM, Tbone911t said:

Thanks Ivan for all the work to put this together! Just got my copy last night.

weca.jpg

Thanks for picking up a copy. Hope you find it worthwhile. Remember it's just a first effort. I had 300 printed and have just over 100 left.

Also I just started a new email group on groups.io and would love to have any and all of you contribute to the discussions. Take a look at: https://groups.io/g/canadiangoldenagecomics  . We're up to about 20 members including Stephen and a couple of others you may now. Some great threads and we even found a book that isn't in the guide but needs to be in the 2nd edition. It's an previously unknown Anglo giant probably from Christmas 1942. Thanks to Tony C., here it is:

double-a-comics-gift-book-front-cover (002).jpg

double-a-comics-gift-book-back-cover (002).jpg