• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

key collector comics, what happenned??
3 3

61 posts in this topic

16 hours ago, SteppinRazor said:

Agree.  If one is mad that it's harder to sucker someone now, well that says a lot about one's character.

I think people are mad that this gives the legions of speculators who have invaded our hobby once again (anybody remember the early 90s?) a one-stop spot to find out which comics have value without putting in any work, leveling the playing field between them and collectors who have compiled their own knowledge over years or decades.

Speculators buying books drives up prices, which is bad for collectors.

3 hours ago, Lazyboy said:

I think people are mad that this gives the legions of speculators who have invaded our hobby once again (anybody remember the early 90s?) a one-stop spot to find out which comics have value without putting in any work, leveling the playing field between them and collectors who have compiled their own knowledge over years or decades.

Invading. OUR. Hobby.  

I think some collectors are taking ownership of something they have no right to lay claim to.  They’re not speculators. They’re people who are new to the hobby because the companies you support are creating content that is attracting them.  

The industry went from $700M to over $1B in a 5 year span. That encompasses newly printed material and downloads so obviously there are a lot of new readers. They’re also collectors and like anyone who is upset about this, they want to own the high-demand issues.   There are way more winners in this scenario than losers.  

If you’ve been collecting for a long time then you are sitting on a hefty ROI even if you have no intention of selling. 

Edited by Key Collector Comics

6 hours ago, Lazyboy said:

if that's the case, it both still doesn't change the point, and it doesn't really apply.  If speculators find this app, and use it to buy comics, it may make prices go up, and it may not as the demand at the higher price must be there.  But that also allows for collectors to profit off of these books by knowing which ones to sell because they are not worth the current price inflated by speculators.  Anyone with experience in anything is likely to have more ability to find an edge than someone new coming in blind.  Which one is really worthwhile and which one is driven by speculators?  Which one is worth slabbing and which one isn't, etc..

It doesn't change the point because that's still trying to snag a pricey book from someone who doesn't know better.  You don't have to share your knowledge of anything you don't want to.  You don't have to give someone a leg up.  But if someone else does and one hates on that, well that's not on the guy who helped.

The internet to as well. Really all one needs is a smartphone and get most knowledge in a matter of seconds/minutes/hours/days/weeks if they want it. 

I use Amazon apps all the time to see what is flippable in the non-comic book world. People who don't use apps are going to be left behind.  

reminds me of the people who b%&^ch and complain about sniping, because its not fair to the people who sit at their computer at 2:30 in the am and wait for the last 2 seconds to put their bid in. I'd rather be snoozing than losing. I have been collecting a lot longer  than most and old timers like myself appreciate someone else doing the leg work for us not so computer literate. Just my opinion.

8 hours ago, Lazyboy said:

Person 1: I buy books for "ABC"

Person 2: I buy books for "XYZ"

Person 1: Your reason sucks, now get out of MY hobby!

26 minutes ago, Lazyboy said:

I'm glad nobody remembers the 90s.

Oh well, maybe this app will help hasten the crash.

When your shoe-shine boy gives you a great tip on comics you should buy that's when you know it's time to get out of the market.

At least that's how Joe Kennedy says he avoided the stock market crash of '29.

5 hours ago, grebal said:

When your shoe-shine boy gives you a great tip on comics you should buy that's when you know it's time to get out of the market.

At least that's how Joe Kennedy says he avoided the stock market crash of '29.

I think everyone should take a lesson from you on how to craft a relevant statement. 

On 11/3/2017 at 11:44 PM, MustEatBrains said:
On 11/3/2017 at 11:40 PM, Key Collector Comics said:

I think 4 got taken down and I got 3 warnings so I'm sure this is my farewell tour.

Honestly think it's a shame if anyone gave you a hard time.

Just caught up on this thread. Completely stupid of whoever did.

Edited by Gotham Kid

As long as you're dropping my name, I'll respond.  I didn't mind the app, I reported you because you were spamming the boards with advertising for your app in every age, and multiple posts in General.  Apparently the mods agreed.  You have ONE post not related to your app in 170.  I don't want your apology, I want you to talk about something else, or shove off.  Either way, I'm good.

I linked a detailed history of Shuma Gorath's appearances, by the way, it's in the picture.

53 minutes ago, FineCollector said:

As long as you're dropping my name, I'll respond.  I didn't mind the app, I reported you because you were spamming the boards with advertising for your app in every age, and multiple posts in General.  Apparently the mods agreed.  You have ONE post not related to your app in 170.  I don't want your apology, I want you to talk about something else, or shove off.  Either way, I'm good.

I linked a detailed history of Shuma Gorath's appearances, by the way, it's in the picture.

162 out of 170 posts we’re the thread I started about the app or this thread you’re AGAIN participating in about the app.  I made each comic age aware of it ONCE because i don’t know if those collectors go outside of their category.  And posted a few times in general and haven’t done it since you started complaining.  If you weren’t policing the boards you wouldn’t have even noticed.   

So you answered my post with a link...then immediately report the post and write “reported”. Very vindictive.

Yet once again you contradict yourself.  Here you’re suggesting I talk about something besides the app. And when I actually did...you reported me! 

Try to bring a little logic or consistency to these discussions.  Or maybe change your name to Whine Collector. 

Edited by Key Collector Comics

9 hours ago, Lazyboy said:

I'm glad nobody remembers the 90s.

Oh well, maybe this app will help hasten the crash.

3 hours ago, Key Collector Comics said:

Not quite sure what you’re getting at

Me? Lazy is saying this app will help crash the comic book market.

Quite an accomplishment from a little phone app.

Edited by ygogolak