• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Finest in the World! Worlds Finest 40-80
1 1

200 posts in this topic

On 11/24/2017 at 4:21 AM, G.A.tor said:

I have not checked census data, but imo this is the toughest of the 40-80 run

issue 64

B5D2DEF0-F3E5-4340-934B-00BD75727750.jpeg

:sick:

That’s the one issue I’ve been looking for because it contains a King Faraday story in it and I want one to go with my Danger Trail set.

Figures it would be the most difficult. :facepalm:

20 minutes ago, N e r V said:

:sick:

That’s the one issue I’ve been looking for because it contains a King Faraday story in it and I want one to go with my Danger Trail set.

Figures it would be the most difficult. :facepalm:

64-66 have been the toughest for me

On 11/18/2017 at 1:17 PM, Flex Mentallo said:

I have no idea - though they always had this problem with the extreme difference in powers. Did a 'new' writer solve it, I wonder?

The power imbalance probably made it seem like a strange idea until Batman started becoming a more sci-fi character, fighting aliens, and traveling through time. From what I recall, in most of the stories Batman is just there to deduce something that should be obvious to Superman, or needs Superman's help, or gets his powers for a story, or occupies an alien while Superman does the heavy lifting. These were some of the dumber stories of the DC Universe at the time, but I guess both characters were popular enough, readers didn't care. It really made about as much sense as having a Silver Surfer/Daredevil team up book.

3 hours ago, rjpb said:

The power imbalance probably made it seem like a strange idea until Batman started becoming a more sci-fi character, fighting aliens, and traveling through time. From what I recall, in most of the stories Batman is just there to deduce something that should be obvious to Superman, or needs Superman's help, or gets his powers for a story, or occupies an alien while Superman does the heavy lifting. These were some of the dumber stories of the DC Universe at the time, but I guess both characters were popular enough, readers didn't care. It really made about as much sense as having a Silver Surfer/Daredevil team up book.

EC885056-EE34-4974-A5AA-47D9D3A081FD.jpeg.4b4e22e28d967b4d9988328f4306a70d.jpeg

Love all these Rick. I like the action on this one.

As part of my March '52 collection, I had to chase down # 57, of which you grabbed a great copy as part of the OO collection. It wasn't easy as all DC books with a 15¢ cover price from that time period are tough (I'm looking at you Comic Cavalcade) but @143ksk helped Heidi find a copy from Harley for my birthday a million years ago -

World's Finest 57.jpg

2 hours ago, Scrooge said:

Love all these Rick. I like the action on this one.

As part of my March '52 collection, I had to chase down # 57, of which you grabbed a great copy as part of the OO collection. It wasn't easy as all DC books with a 15¢ cover price from that time period are tough (I'm looking at you Comic Cavalcade) but @143ksk helped Heidi find a copy from Harley for my birthday a million years ago -

World's Finest 57.jpg

I've got an April '52 collection but I have never seen that one!

2 hours ago, G.A.tor said:

Another tough issue. Have s Cgc 7.0 and a “higher” graded copy too. Nicest 2 I’ve seen in a dozen years 

7B507BB2-2103-4B02-A568-34B9787BED54.jpeg

Now we are talking. Nothing funny about that one. Another one I've never seen. I know DCs from this period are scarce. Could it possibily be the 15 cent cover price?

25 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Now we are talking. Nothing funny about that one. Another one I've never seen. I know DCs from this period are scarce. Could it possibily be the 15 cent cover price?

Cover price, declining popularity of superheroes, the times. 

57 minutes ago, Robot Man said:
3 hours ago, G.A.tor said:

7B507BB2-2103-4B02-A568-34B9787BED54.jpeg

That is a great cover.  No stupid story titles, just a dramatic scene.  This thread is amazing

10 hours ago, G.A.tor said:

Here’s a slightly nicer copy

4980A074-D8E5-49DD-90B5-2CEBAF8F58D7.jpeg

Batman can tap out an SOS on the radio set and they can wait for help to arrive ... or Superman could just fly them all out of there. :)

16 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

Batman can tap out an SOS on the radio set and they can wait for help to arrive ... or Superman could just fly them all out of there. :)

What you don’t seem to remember  is Batman always had a little kryptonite in his utility belt. Here’s another pretty nice one. 

29DD3DB3-D1FF-4593-B1CC-7C90C87CDDC6.jpeg