• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Finest in the World! Worlds Finest 40-80
1 1

200 posts in this topic

9 minutes ago, 40YrsCollctngCmcs said:

I don't recall seeing that for sale in forty years of comic cons. Also a tough book to find.

I always have 3-5 copies of 71 for sale at cons I set up at :)

On ‎10‎/‎31‎/‎2017 at 8:36 AM, G.A.tor said:

One of my favorite and longest collected runs I have is worlds finest 40-80

started the run in 2005 and have strived to upgrade as I could

many of these books are notoriously difficult to find , let alone in nice condition. 

Heck, I think my average grade was about a 2.5/3.0 when I first completed but I love the challenge and for a dozen years I’ve tried to upgrade. Still have many I’d like to get better copies of, but starting tomorrow and for 40 days and nights , I will post my run as it stands now 

Thanks for sharing all these.  Tough books indeed. 

On 12/1/2017 at 7:38 AM, G.A.tor said:

issue 71

So DC dropped the price from 15¢ to 10¢, a drop of 33%, and at the same time, page count went from 68 pages to 36 pages, a drop of slightly less than 50%. The books are easier to find due to the price drop but still, the thicker books were a better deal.

Given how prominent the price change on the cover is, the sell-through must have been way low, esp. considering the book packaged two of DC's top billing heroes.

Interesting that as soon as they team up they stop shining shoes, dancing with the ladies and rescuing cats in trees, and immediately start getting shot at. Definitely some symbolic innuendo in that.