• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Coverless Tec 27's for sale
2 2

212 posts in this topic

14 hours ago, zen514 said:

there was a beatiful off white to white Action 1 that sold august 2016 missing just the The first wrap! It had 6 superman pages amd the centerfold!!!

Wow.  I sold my 1st wrap to Action #1 nearly 5 years ago for 5 figures.  I bet the price just went up.  I wonder if the two books will ever meet and get married?  hm

1 hour ago, comicdonna said:

Wow.  I sold my 1st wrap to Action #1 nearly 5 years ago for 5 figures.  I bet the price just went up.  I wonder if the two books will ever meet and get married?  hm

I remember that one too.  You bought a boat at about that time right ? 

20 hours ago, Wayne-Tec said:

As I said, 2x as desirable as the copy that sold for 22K. In that ball park.

we shall see. i know what im bidding.

I collect pages also but most who collect completes ( sorta complete in this case) are a rarer breed.

May i ask if you do own or bid on these types. I think you do not. No disprect. I bidder like me doesnt look how  how much i can sell a page. I want to own the whole copy. 

I you are regular 20k plus bidder it would be better. Since your knowldge pages is great. Hard to speak sometimes when you dont have the real experience.

Im just giving an opinion and you might be right or i might be. we shall see in a few days.

1 minute ago, Wayne-Tec said:

That was a beautiful wrap too. IMO, the single most desirable wrap you could have in this hobby.

Thanks.  It was the last piece I sold out of my Action run. 

Reason being... The cbcs unrestored missing centerfold is on ebay. Its twice as nice. It was at 35k last year but he bumped the price once the Action 1 coverless sold for 66k.

I just dont understand the person who bought the 22k one. 12k i undertsand... 22k no batman nor cetnerfold is not ok maybe in a few years but not in todays market. So if this sells for 40k ill buy the one on ebay for 40k 

56 minutes ago, zen514 said:

Reason being... The cbcs unrestored missing centerfold is on ebay. Its twice as nice. It was at 35k last year but he bumped the price once the Action 1 coverless sold for 66k.

I just dont understand the person who bought the 22k one. 12k i undertsand... 22k no batman nor cetnerfold is not ok maybe in a few years but not in todays market. So if this sells for 40k ill buy the one on ebay for 40k 

ebay  one is a way better book up up and away

3 hours ago, zen514 said:

The Tec #27 with 0% Batman parts reached 22K with multiple bidders (at least two) pushing it that far. It wasn't one person who thought it was worth that much.

Regarding the Tec #27 on eBay, often times collectors need confirmation of similar sales to make them feel comfortable spending $X for a book.

Remember when shortly after the first $1M Action #1 sale (8.0), a 3.0 copy sold for 300K? What would the 3.0 copy have sold for before the $1M sale "justified" Action #1 as an investment of that class?

Throughout the years, great books have remained untouched, available for less until something wakes people up, and they decide they're willing to pay more on Tuesday than the price they scoffed at on Monday.

On 11/11/2017 at 7:24 PM, zen514 said:

Yes. i found it mislwading since it was a blue label cgc with a photocpy cover in the holder so all you see is the tec27 cover. I was  lt a bidder i found it was worth 10-12k not 22k. bidding war frenzy imho.

I hate being mislwaded!