Captain America #695 Legacy Artwork

9 posts in this topic

Mercury Man   
  • 633 posts

PFFFFFTTTT!!!!    

Seriously?!  Purchased, and read.  They just drug poor Steve Rogers through the muck and mire for over a year, and he comes back, restored, into the now Marvel 'Legacy' numbering, and this is the art that we get?!   

I can't draw, and I hate criticizing others when it comes to drawing, but Chris Samnee doesn't do it for me.   Sorry. 

SquareChaos   
  • 4,763 posts
11 minutes ago, Mercury Man said:

PFFFFFTTTT!!!!    

Seriously?!  Purchased, and read.  They just drug poor Steve Rogers through the muck and mire for over a year, and he comes back, restored, into the now Marvel 'Legacy' numbering, and this is the art that we get?!   

I can't draw, and I hate criticizing others when it comes to drawing, but Chris Samnee doesn't do it for me.   Sorry. 

I had to check out some previews online... I'll admit it doesn't look as good as his work did on Daredevil, but hardly terrible.

Mercury Man   
  • 633 posts
1 hour ago, SquareChaos said:

I had to check out some previews online... I'll admit it doesn't look as good as his work did on Daredevil, but hardly terrible.

I feel like it's missing something.  It doesn't look like the panels are finished.   Maybe it's the inker. 

Edited by Mercury Man

SquareChaos   
  • 4,763 posts
42 minutes ago, Mercury Man said:

I feel like it's missing something.  It doesn't look like the panels are finished.   Maybe it's the inker. 

Pretty sure he is inking himself, but it does have a sort of... 4 color look to it. Maybe they're going for a nostalgic look.

Mercury Man   
  • 633 posts
38 minutes ago, Broke as a Joke said:

How are these Lenticular covers for the Legacy issues?  The Cap one looked rather cool. 

meh....I liked the Amazing Spiderman one.  But for the most part, I can live without them. 

Lonzilla   
  • 2,900 posts

I hear you man, I don't like his art at all and only bought it for Waid's writing

Mercury Man   
  • 633 posts
4 hours ago, Lonzilla said:

I hear you man, I don't like his art at all and only bought it for Waid's writing

Agree on Waid. 

BishopT   
  • 303 posts
On 11/2/2017 at 8:34 PM, SquareChaos said:

Pretty sure he is inking himself, but it does have a sort of... 4 color look to it. Maybe they're going for a nostalgic look.

That's what I took from it. Personally, I really dig Samnee's art, especially his work on Daredevil. This creative duo is just all win, to me.