Captain America #695 Legacy Artwork
0

9 posts in this topic

Mercury Man   
  • Member
  • 633 posts
  • Location: Tampa Bay

PFFFFFTTTT!!!!    

Seriously?!  Purchased, and read.  They just drug poor Steve Rogers through the muck and mire for over a year, and he comes back, restored, into the now Marvel 'Legacy' numbering, and this is the art that we get?!   

I can't draw, and I hate criticizing others when it comes to drawing, but Chris Samnee doesn't do it for me.   Sorry. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SquareChaos   
  • Member
  • 4,763 posts
11 minutes ago, Mercury Man said:

PFFFFFTTTT!!!!    

Seriously?!  Purchased, and read.  They just drug poor Steve Rogers through the muck and mire for over a year, and he comes back, restored, into the now Marvel 'Legacy' numbering, and this is the art that we get?!   

I can't draw, and I hate criticizing others when it comes to drawing, but Chris Samnee doesn't do it for me.   Sorry. 

I had to check out some previews online... I'll admit it doesn't look as good as his work did on Daredevil, but hardly terrible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mercury Man   
  • Member
  • 633 posts
  • Location: Tampa Bay
1 hour ago, SquareChaos said:

I had to check out some previews online... I'll admit it doesn't look as good as his work did on Daredevil, but hardly terrible.

I feel like it's missing something.  It doesn't look like the panels are finished.   Maybe it's the inker. 

Edited by Mercury Man

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SquareChaos   
  • Member
  • 4,763 posts
42 minutes ago, Mercury Man said:

I feel like it's missing something.  It doesn't look like the panels are finished.   Maybe it's the inker. 

Pretty sure he is inking himself, but it does have a sort of... 4 color look to it. Maybe they're going for a nostalgic look.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mercury Man   
  • Member
  • 633 posts
  • Location: Tampa Bay
38 minutes ago, Broke as a Joke said:

How are these Lenticular covers for the Legacy issues?  The Cap one looked rather cool. 

meh....I liked the Amazing Spiderman one.  But for the most part, I can live without them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lonzilla   
  • Member
  • 2,900 posts
  • Location: Philadelphia, PA

I hear you man, I don't like his art at all and only bought it for Waid's writing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mercury Man   
  • Member
  • 633 posts
  • Location: Tampa Bay
4 hours ago, Lonzilla said:

I hear you man, I don't like his art at all and only bought it for Waid's writing

Agree on Waid. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BishopT   
  • Member
  • 303 posts
On 11/2/2017 at 8:34 PM, SquareChaos said:

Pretty sure he is inking himself, but it does have a sort of... 4 color look to it. Maybe they're going for a nostalgic look.

That's what I took from it. Personally, I really dig Samnee's art, especially his work on Daredevil. This creative duo is just all win, to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
0

  • Welcome! Sign up and jump in!

    Membership and use of the boards is FREE! The knowledge available on these boards about comic collecting is an amazing resource for less experienced collectors. It's also a great place to talk about expert comic collecting topics with other experienced collectors. We hope that you find what you came looking for here, but more than that, we hope you find your new comic collecting home.

    Don't let the friendly banter and close knit community put you off. You're only a few posts from being part of the gang!

    After you sign up, introduce yourself! We'd love to know more about your collecting.

  • Upcoming Events

    • 17 December 2017 03:00 PM Until 09:00 PM
      0  
      Sun December 17th
      Our “Wayne” Comic Book Expo
      Regency House Hotel
      140 Rt 23 North, Pompton Plains 07444 (just 100 feet from Wayne)
      Admission is free this month!
      Parking is easy & FREE!
      Show hours 10-4.
      Keepin’ comics fun since 1991!
      The best dealers in the northeast with hundreds of thousands of comics for sale. We have everything from Golden Age to this week's current comics. Hot titles, variant editions and investment grade CGC books, too. Don't miss our unbeatable selection of comics for serious collectors and thousands of bargain comics for beginners or folks that just love to be able to buy tons and not break the bank.
      Lots of new inventory and some new dealers!
      Our notorious no minimum bid auction is at noon!
      Seeya at the show,
      JP
       
      Don’t forget to check out our website: http://www.njcomicbookshows.com
      …and “Like us” on Facebook at NJ Comic Book Shows
      Upcoming shows:
      Clifton 1/14
      Hasbrouck Heights 1/28
      Clifton 2/11
    • 30 December 2017 04:00 PM Until 09:00 PM
      0  
      Free to Vend - Free to Attend
      Please email vintagetorque@gmail.com for questions