• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

GM What if? # 1, 1976
1 1

10 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Calamerica said:

How can I get rid of that other duplicate Thread?

You can't delete stuff on these new boards, but, above your first post, you'll see a light box that says "Moderation Actions". Click that and you'll be able to hide it from everyone except mods.

1 hour ago, DeadOne said:

You can't delete stuff on these new boards, but, above your first post, you'll see a light box that says "Moderation Actions". Click that and you'll be able to hide it from everyone except mods.

Thanx

CAL who is always grateful when he gets help from Boardies! (worship)

11 hours ago, grebal said:

The raw one looks NM from the pics (won't try to grade above that without book in hand or lots of pics), but scans would increase my confidence in that guess.

Don't know about the bagged ones, obviously, though they look very nice.

The Comic Book in ther first post is what the kid was shipped a few days ago. I DID send a few back in the days when i used to submit, got 9.6, 9.4, 9.2. All sold well on the 'Bay.

CAL who can work hard as hades...:jaws:

6 hours ago, Steviehuv66 said:

The top book looks NM! I remember buying this book off the rack as a kid. Man I'm old!

Reynold Jay sent me a paper discussing the NM- 9.2, and the Comic Book featured was THIS very Issue "What If? # 1, 1976"( slated for ealy 1977).

He presented his dilemma of submitting copies of this issue, and no matter how many he sent in, he could not top the NM- 9.2

That issue DOES have several production flaws consistent with that issue.

Some other issues in the past like my IMSM has that Marvel Chip out on the back cover upper left edge, but the WI? # 1 has THREE distinct problems:

1) smashed lower half of the squarebound spine;

2) chipping in two spots back cover lower edge;

3) Staples prodruding and in many cases, tears through the Front Cover.

I picked up a WI? #1 for a song at a show at the Shrine in LA for $55.00 and the kid working for that dealer told me that this was HIS personal

copy; he just didn't like it and said he needed the money to buy something else.

CAL who misses those LA shows...:frown: