• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

.5 Universal $100,000 Club

44 posts in this topic

21 minutes ago, Gotham Kid said:

Speaking of restored, anyone notice there are less IGB copies making the scene ? The ones floating around are from past auctions that no one wants to hold on to.

hm  your right

Edited by woowoo

I Agree to agree this time  with you Wayne Tec

It would have been 75k in a CGC Holder

I believe it would be in less than 2 years a 100k copy...

a 0.5 unerestored is 150k imho... 

unrestored is a different beast...

1 hour ago, zen514 said:

I Agree to agree this time  with you Wayne Tec

It would have been 75k in a CGC Holder

I believe it would be in less than 2 years a 100k copy...

a 0.5 unerestored is 150k imho... 

unrestored is a different beast...

What's so impressive is how quickly these coverless keys are jumping in value. Not that long ago, a coverless Action #1 could be had for 30-40K. Now, FMV is about 2x that. We knew how special Action Comics #1 was 20 years ago, 10 years ago, 5 years ago...but comic books, especially "grail" books are now viewed in a brighter light.

If you asked most collectors years ago if a coverless book could push 100K, I suspect many would have laughed. Now, we may not be too far off.

13 minutes ago, Wayne-Tec said:

What's so impressive is how quickly these coverless keys are jumping in value. Not that long ago, a coverless Action #1 could be had for 30-40K. Now, FMV is about 2x that. We knew how special Action Comics #1 was 20 years ago, 10 years ago, 5 years ago...but comic books, especially "grail" books are now viewed in a brighter light.

If you asked most collectors years ago if a coverless book could push 100K, I suspect many would have laughed. Now, we may not be too far off.

Coul have said it better... i still remember being the underbidder at 33k in 2010 or 11 for the coverles action cgc missing a big piece from the fromt and back of first wrap... That copy was used by a dealer boardie to complete an action 1. so that coverless which was fugly  wad 33k... If i bid it woukd have been more but i stopped being the underbidder.

The action 1 at 66k last year i was the under under bidder. Didnt want to push over 60k. in hindsight it was the prettiest coverless action 1 i ever saw... the one 5 years prior was fugle and missing a big piece.

Its just astounding... well i rather own action 1 or tec 27 coverless than

t206 honus wagner... not even the best player of all time by a wide margin... Also he doesnt relate... Hes from 1910. Hes deceased Superman and Batman have never died and are more known now than ever and will keep on living forever. Action 1 and Tec 27 transcend the hobby.