It has shipped!....SHIPPED!!!
0

32 posts in this topic

322 posts

What a joyous occasion!  A book I won and paid for on September 18th from ComicConnect has just been picked up for shipment by Fedex today.

That's right! Today! November 10th!!

I'm so lucky!  :whee:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
930 posts
51 minutes ago, Pitboss said:

That's Terrible.  - That's Terrible.   Cleveland Brown

like this thread...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11,827 posts
1 hour ago, JLA Brad said:

What a joyous occasion!  A book I won and paid for on September 18th from ComicConnect has just been picked up for shipment by Fedex today.

That's right! Today! November 10th!!

I'm so lucky!  :whee:

I recently had to contact them about something similar. I patiently waited 30+ days before contacting them.  I asked to have the transaction voided but, of course, they would have none of that. Not a good reflection on them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11,827 posts
2 hours ago, JLA Brad said:

What a joyous occasion!  A book I won and paid for on September 18th from ComicConnect has just been picked up for shipment by Fedex today.

That's right! Today! November 10th!!

I'm so lucky!  :whee:

You should have nominated them for the Probation thread !!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
639 posts
2 hours ago, JLA Brad said:

What a joyous occasion!  A book I won and paid for on September 18th from ComicConnect has just been picked up for shipment by Fedex today.

That's right! Today! November 10th!!

I'm so lucky!  :whee:

5a0637bbd8b97_NicolasCageAbsurd.gif.a575a195e38332957dbab11c7de1d9fe.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
322 posts

I suppose the book could've been shipped faster... hm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44,129 posts
3 minutes ago, comicdonna said:

These things take time.  :preach:

The best things in life are worth the wait.  :preach:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,069 posts

I bought from them for the first time around September.... the wait to get my books was excruciating (although not quite so long). I will say that, to their credit, they don't charge you until the books are ready to ship. Do they have all the items listed on their site in-house or are consigned books held by the consignee? I feel like it was just mentioned recently that they don't necessarily have all books in their possession so maybe the consignee has to send them in before they can send them out? Just a guess. The delay is definitely enough to keep me from ordering something I'm going to actually be excited about getting.. then worried... then sad... then despondent... then suicidal. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44,129 posts
5 hours ago, Gatchaman said:

Tell them you will pay for it on the day they ship it.

 

 

15621648_1821387397908622_129621643849075746_n.jpg

That reminds me so much of childhood - where everything was mail order...., from catalogs and stuff.  No internet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,416 posts

On the plus side, by the time you get your box, you won't remember what's in it, so it's like getting a surprise present.

Honestly, since I know what to expect from those guys, I don't worry about it so much. At least they are consistent.

But, yeah, if they shipped faster, I might use them more often... :baiting:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
322 posts
4 minutes ago, adampasz said:

On the plus side, by the time you get your box, you won't remember what's in it, so it's like getting a surprise present.

Honestly, since I know what to expect from those guys, I don't worry about it so much. At least they are consistent.

But, yeah, if they shipped faster, I might use them more often... :baiting:

That's a great idea!  But like when I was 7 and tore the corner of the present to try and determine what it was (tsk), I couldn't resist logging on to the website to see what they were shipping me.

When will I grow up? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44,129 posts
9 minutes ago, JLA Brad said:
16 minutes ago, adampasz said:

On the plus side, by the time you get your box, you won't remember what's in it, so it's like getting a surprise present.

Honestly, since I know what to expect from those guys, I don't worry about it so much. At least they are consistent.

But, yeah, if they shipped faster, I might use them more often... :baiting:

That's a great idea!  But like when I was 7 and tore the corner of the present to try and determine what it was (tsk), I couldn't resist logging on to the website to see what they were shipping me.

When will I grow up? 

Your goal should be:

NEVER.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27,794 posts

Reminds me of something that is currently going on.

I bought something from Steiner sports.  I receive the notification that it shipped from their warehouse.  About two weeks go by and I receive a call from one of their reps hoping that I am enjoying my recent acquisition and that if I ever need anything else then I should contact him directly.

I contacted the rep to let him know that my item has not arrived and if you look at the tracking it has not left the warehouse.  

They are looking into it.  Life happens.  It is honestly no big deal.  At worst I will get my money back.  At best it shows up eventually.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32,115 posts
3 hours ago, lizards2 said:

That reminds me so much of childhood - where everything was mail order...., from catalogs and stuff.  No internet.

Me too.  Gander Mountain, P&S Sales, Cabella's and many others. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16,444 posts

I remember when DC sold their Famous First Editions in their comics, and the wait time given was 4 to 6 weeks. And they meant it. It seemed like it took forever for those books to be delivered. On the other hand, Warren's Captain Company would ship stuff so fast that I had it within 2 weeks of ordering.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,508 posts
19 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

I contacted the rep to let him know that my item has not arrived and if you look at the tracking it has not left the warehouse

You think they would have checked delivery status before making a courtesy call

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
397 posts
On 11/10/2017 at 3:48 PM, JLA Brad said:

What a joyous occasion!  A book I won and paid for on September 18th from ComicConnect has just been picked up for shipment by Fedex today.

That's right! Today! November 10th!!

I'm so lucky!  :whee:

That sounds about as slow as Metropolis....wait, never mind. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
0