• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fox's MULTIPLE MAN starring James Franco (TBD)

8 posts in this topic

X-Men Multiple Man Movie in Development with James Franco as Madrox

multiple-man-movie-james-franco-jamie-ma

Fox is adding another spinoff to its X-Men movie universe: A Multiple Man movie starring James Franco as Jamie Madrox and Wonder Woman writer Allan Heinberg handling the -script. X-Men franchise shephard Simon Kinberg will be producing.

Deadline reports that the idea for Franco and Kinberg to unite on Multiple Man came out of the pair's collaboration on Fox's upcoming Hardy Men, written by Kinberg, in which James and Dave Franco play grown up versions of The Hardy Boys.

James Franco, Simon Kinberg, ‘Wonder Woman’ Scribe Allan Heinberg Team On Fox’s Marvel Mutant ‘Multiple Man’

james-franco-multiple-man-simon-kinberg.

EXCLUSIVE: Fox is developing a film vehicle for James Franco to play the Marvel Comics character Multiple Man, with Wonder Woman scribe Allan Heinberg writing the -script, and Simon Kinberg and his Genre Films producing along with Franco and Ramona Films, the shingle that Franco runs with brother Dave Franco and Vincent Jolivette.

The film came out of another collaboration between Franco and Kinberg, The Hardy Men, which Kinberg scripted and is being scripted by Rodney Rothman as a potential star vehicle for both James and Dave Franco, whose Ramona released its first film, the James Franco-directed The Disaster Artist. The idea is for James and Dave Franco to play the grown up versions of the venerable teen sleuths The Hardy Boys, also for Fox.

Fox has been aggressively mining the X-Men universe and its many characters.  Kinberg and Lauren Shuler Donner produce the Josh Boone-directed The New Mutants, and the Ryan Reynolds-starrer Deadpool 2 with director David Leitch. Kinberg directed, scripted and produces X-Men: Dark Phoenix. Coming right behind that is Gambit, the Channing Tatum-starrer which recently got a commitment from director Gore Verbinski. Kinberg and Shuler Donner are producing with Tatum’s Free Association.

3 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

Not the first time this has character has come around. Just a shame it was in THAT movie.

McSteamy! 

This seems like a pretty good idea. I hope they make it a pretty compelling detective story (Xfactor Investigations?).  And I hope it involves Strong Guy.

James Franco Confirms MULTIPLE MAN Involvement; Seems To Suggest That The X-MEN Spin-Off Will Be "Hard R"

155782.jpg

We recently found out that the studio had a Multiple Man project in the works with James Franco on board to star as the titular mutant character, and during an interview with THR, the actor confirmed his involvement, while also suggesting that they'd be aiming for the more adult-oriented rating:

“I don’t know how much I can say. But I will say I am producing and performing in it. It’s early stages. I think probably what I can say is, like anything, there’s a need to develop more. Our bottom line MO is, how can we push this into new ground? A little bit, but still make it entertaining? [But] what I love about what Simon Kinberg and Fox and the X-Men people have done with Deadpool and Logan — it took a while to get there, maybe 10 years — but they are going to go hard R. And we’re going to take this superhero thing and really just push it into a new genre. So we’re working with Simon Kinberg on an X-Men property.”

Franco doesn't explicitly state that Multiple Man will be rated R here, but that definitely seems to be the implication.

Looks like Marvel is supportive of this movie.

Multiple Man Gets His Own Comic Ahead of New Movie

Multiple-Man-2018-comic-book-cover.jpg?q

Marvel’s Multiple Man is getting his own comic book series. The news comes three months after it was reported that 20th Century Fox is developing a Multiple Man movie with James Franco in the lead role. Generally used as a member of a team, the character has only headlined his own title once. It appears that Marvel is preparing to take advantage of the mutant hero’s rising popularity.

Marvel Comics has announced a new Multiple Man five-part miniseries from Matthew Rosenberg, the writer of Phoenix Resurrection, Tales of Suspense, and The New Mutants. The series will be illustrated by Andy MacDonald. Multiple Man hasn’t been the star of his own title since 2004’s MadroX, a five-issue miniseries from Peter David.

Now, if James Franco continues on with it after his black eye over the #MeToo movement. Though the way he handled it was viewed as a semi-positive.