• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Silver Age Graded X-Men. Which One Do I invest in?
3 3

43 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, Callaway29 said:

12. Juggernaut done right, with his origin, on the big screen would be awesome...plus the book hasn’t gone loco yet.

I found some online graded at 7.0 and 7.5 for around $400 to $500. Why do the newer cases sell cheaper than the older ones? (shrug)

3 hours ago, finalfan7asy said:

I found some online graded at 7.0 and 7.5 for around $400 to $500. Why do the newer cases sell cheaper than the older ones? (shrug)

Apparently, some believe that the older labels are from a time when grading was more strict ... in other words, they believe that these older slabs have a better chance of getting a better grade if cracked out and resubmitted to CGC.

17 hours ago, finalfan7asy said:

I recently picked up a Giant-Size #1. I was looking at #94, but I’m not sure what would be a decent grade for this issue. Do I settle for a 7.5 or do I spend more for an 8.5?

Always buy the highest grade with the best page quality - always.  If you can't afford to buy the best then save until you can.

4 hours ago, SC22 said:

Off topic based on the age but I like the 1st appearance of Gambit.

Correct. Very off topic. Here's me thinking someone has picked up on my comment re: later gems in the run, but no. It seems to be members hidden super power here to miss the point.

Let you slide this time on account of your avatar.

52 minutes ago, World Devourer said:

Correct. Very off topic. Here's me thinking someone has picked up on my comment re: later gems in the run, but no. It seems to be members hidden super power here to miss the point.

Let you slide this time on account of your avatar.

I had already said the 1st Juggernaut but in more recent times I like Gambit.

5 hours ago, SC22 said:

I had already said the 1st Juggernaut but in more recent times I like Gambit.

Hurm. Years ago I met a man and we talked about the readership's inability to focus on the salient points. 

The man told me that he became so frustrated that he wrote the Letters Page of the title he was writing for six months, until readers "took the hint" and began sending letters with intelligent questions and comments.

The title was Fantastic Four, and the man was John Byrne.