• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Should I be concerned by this in a graded 9.8?
1 1

8 posts in this topic

On 12/3/2017 at 10:08 PM, sirwesker said:

Or is this still allowable? Its cgc graded 9.8

1203172204.jpg

Maybe production but production or not, I would not like it as a 9.8. That is a flaw that can get worse in the slab over time, especially if the book is shipped again. If the book seems 'loose' in the inner well, it may be post slabbing. Sometimes the cover 'sticks', static electricity ? So the book moves around a little but the cover stays resulting in stress and maybe tears at the staple. I've seen it happen on my own book before. Whatever you do, don't remove it from the slab. It's a 9.8 because the label says so, otherwise it is not. If it bothers you, sell it.

On 12/8/2017 at 5:17 PM, Bomber-Bob said:

Maybe production but production or not, I would not like it as a 9.8. That is a flaw that can get worse in the slab over time, especially if the book is shipped again. If the book seems 'loose' in the inner well, it may be post slabbing. Sometimes the cover 'sticks', static electricity ? So the book moves around a little but the cover stays resulting in stress and maybe tears at the staple. I've seen it happen on my own book before. Whatever you do, don't remove it from the slab. It's a 9.8 because the label says so, otherwise it is not. If it bothers you, sell it.

Could it have been factored into the grading?

1 hour ago, MGsimba77 said:

Could it have been factored into the grading?

As mentioned above, if it was deemed production, the flaw would be ignored. My point, production or not, the flaw is still there and the book is not a 9.8 .