• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Any tips for a newbie?

7 posts in this topic

Hello, I just got some gifts and this has prompted me to start or want to buy some CGC items off ebay. I am curious if anyone has any tips to look out for so I don't get ripped off. I know to go tot he verification right away, but are comics really cloned or duped that often? One I was looking at had me a little worried because the signatures were over one another just a bit, though I figure that would be chalked up to the artist or writer being in a bit of a rush or just tired of signing stuff all day. I know that if it is even remotely cracked or wedged thats a big no no. What else should I try to look for or be aware of?

Capture.PNG

Another noob question, is there a way to see if anyone is in possession of a cgc comic book or if they have it in their collection, without having to scour through a whole bunch of names? Or would I need to check each individuals comic sets to see if they have it? 

On 12/7/2017 at 4:15 PM, ExodusGear said:

Hello, I just got some gifts and this has prompted me to start or want to buy some CGC items off ebay. I am curious if anyone has any tips to look out for so I don't get ripped off. I know to go tot he verification right away, but are comics really cloned or duped that often? One I was looking at had me a little worried because the signatures were over one another just a bit, though I figure that would be chalked up to the artist or writer being in a bit of a rush or just tired of signing stuff all day. I know that if it is even remotely cracked or wedged thats a big no no. What else should I try to look for or be aware of?

Capture.PNG

Buying a slabbed book off eBay is as safe as it gets for eBay as far as authentic comics and grading. Whether the seller ships it safely is another story. If you are not satisfied with what you receive from eBay, request a return and eBay will grant it. 

On 12/8/2017 at 6:21 AM, ExodusGear said:

Another noob question, is there a way to see if anyone is in possession of a cgc comic book or if they have it in their collection, without having to scour through a whole bunch of names? Or would I need to check each individuals comic sets to see if they have it? 

Yes you can post your wants and what you are willing to pay or trade in the Wanted To Buy section.