• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ComicArtAds Auction Preview (UPDATED--Heritage weekly ending 12/9/18)
1 1

131 posts in this topic

11 minutes ago, vodou said:

I stopped beating the bushes hard around 2009/10, my time wasn't being rewarded correctly that long ago. You?

I still do it, but in theory the time is spend is just the extra leisure time I have (e.g. I am surfing ebay while watching TV) so "rewarding for time" isn't a concept. 

I still had a few good ones last year, but its definitely less than previous years.

Malvin

Hi all!  I just posted a new ComicArtAds auction preview, focusing on this week's Heritage weekly auction closing on 2/11/18.  I did pretty well with last week's predictions with one surprising exception.  You can read all about it here:

http://www.comicartads.com/content/heritage-weekly-auction-ending-21118

Thanks!  Best regards, Lee

2 minutes ago, Lee B. said:

With about 18 hours to go, here are a few predictions for this week's Heritage auction:

http://www.comicartads.com/content/heritage-weekly-auction-ending-21818

Best regards, Lee

I’m taking a week off but last week all but one of my guess went way under and that’s with using recent comps ???

Hi all!  After a short hiatus, the ComicArtAds weekly Heritage auction predictions are back, focusing on the auction ending this Sunday 3/11/18:

http://www.comicartads.com/content/heritage-weekly-auction-ending-31118

This edition of my column has over twice as many predictions and insights as the previous edition.  And this weekly auction has a lot of cool pieces!  Best regards, Lee

3 hours ago, Lee B. said:

Good morning!  I just posted a new auction prediction column for the Heritage auction ending this Sunday:

http://www.comicartads.com/content/heritage-weekly-auction-ending-31818#overlay-context=

Enjoy!  Best regards, Lee

Thanks for sharing, always a good read.

Heritage withdrew that Ron Lim Infinity War #1 page.  hm

Edited by Catwoman_Fan

On ‎3‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 12:49 PM, Catwoman_Fan said:

Thanks for sharing, always a good read.

Heritage withdrew that Ron Lim Infinity War #1 page.  hm

I appreciate your kind words!  That's strange about the Infinity War #1 page.  Maybe the consignor insisted that the page be listed in a Signature auction instead of a weekly auction?  It was a nice piece for a weekly auction, but Heritage has run Amazing Spider-Man pages from the late 1960s in weekly auctions, so you see that sort of thing once in a while.  Best, Lee

On ‎4‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 4:17 AM, O. said:

Good to have you back Lee :hi:

I've actually stopped covering the HA Sunday auctions because you and Francesco are doing a great job on them!

Thanks for your kind words Rich!  I certainly do admire your ability to put together a nice column every week.

I don't always succeed in that, but I have just posted some predictions for this Sunday's Heritage weekly auction, which you can read here:

http://www.comicartads.com/content/heritage-weekly-auction-ending-42218

Cheers, Lee

21 hours ago, Lee B. said:

Thanks for your kind words Rich!  I certainly do admire your ability to put together a nice column every week.

I don't always succeed in that, but I have just posted some predictions for this Sunday's Heritage weekly auction, which you can read here:

http://www.comicartads.com/content/heritage-weekly-auction-ending-42218

Cheers, Lee

Nice job, as always. It’s great you give back to the hobby this way.

l do, however, think you are too high on the Phantom Stranger page. The price on all Aparo work has moved up, as you note, but you used one as a reference which was not just better, but I think was high priced for the overall market. 

On 4/20/2018 at 8:45 PM, Rick2you2 said:

Nice job, as always. It’s great you give back to the hobby this way.

l do, however, think you are too high on the Phantom Stranger page. The price on all Aparo work has moved up, as you note, but you used one as a reference which was not just better, but I think was high priced for the overall market. 

Thanks for the kind feedback Rick!  You weren't the only person to accuse me of being too high on 4/20.  I guess we were both a little too conservative with our estimates, as the page closed at $1,500 plus BP.  I think the Phantom Stranger page was very special and quite worth it.  These Aparo prices are going to be interesting to watch over the next few weeks/months.  Cheers, Lee

9 hours ago, Lee B. said:

Thanks for the kind feedback Rick!  You weren't the only person to accuse me of being too high on 4/20.  I guess we were both a little too conservative with our estimates, as the page closed at $1,500 plus BP.  I think the Phantom Stranger page was very special and quite worth it.  These Aparo prices are going to be interesting to watch over the next few weeks/months.  Cheers, Lee

Honestly, I was shocked at the price. For Aparo/Phantom Stranger panel pages, it is the highest one yet.

When I first read that story, and saw that page, I obviously liked what it contained. But, I was also concerned the book would be cancelled. The Phantom Stranger was supposed to be a "Stranger", right? Well, there was another issue, of course, and quite a few afterward. But when the run hit number 41, the last of the Vol. 2 books, it ended with the Phantom Stranger and Cassandra Craft vanishing together. Just as I was worried about with this one.

By the way, no one was going to beat my bid on that one. They can beat me on the next one, and I've lost on other ones, but not that one.  

On ‎5‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 2:04 AM, Flambit said:

Hi Lee,

Will you be doing a prediction of the signature auction coming up next week?

Hi Flambit!  I'll have to see if I have time for any Signature predictions.  There is just so much stuff in that auction, I may not know where to begin.  The weekly auctions seem more manageable.  But if I have some time during a work trip this week, I might try to do some Signature auction predictions.  Thanks for the suggestion!  Best, Lee

Good evening!  I was inspired by the return of O. recently to finally write up another Heritage weekly auction preview with predictions.  You can read it all here:

http://www.comicartads.com/content/heritage-weekly-auction-ending-92318

I also have been posting some old Jack Kirby art ads to the ComicArtAds website recently, if you are into that sort of thing.  Thanks!  Best regards, Lee