• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Martha Washington Goes To War - Signed Dave Gibbons

6 posts in this topic

I bought this comic about 20 years ago and I can't find any information about it online. It's a Chaos City Comics Sky Blue Edition #312 of 500, signed by Dave Gibbons. I've included a photo, the scuff marks are only on the plastic, the comic hasn't been out of the plastic.

IMG_20171218_112216186.jpg

Edited by thomasThomas
clarity

What exactly are you trying to find out?  The Google machine tells me its a fairly run of the mill dystopian future featuring rebelling anti-hero type story (released six years after V for Vendetta...coincidence?) that has nothing to do with George Washington's spouse.

43 minutes ago, mattn792 said:

What exactly are you trying to find out?  The Google machine tells me its a fairly run of the mill dystopian future featuring rebelling anti-hero type story (released six years after V for Vendetta...coincidence?) that has nothing to do with George Washington's spouse.

:roflmao:

No, it's not about George Washington's spouse. I thought it was pretty decent though.

I would assume looking for value. I don't see any on the bay. I would also say there is probably little to no demand for it.

Doc1.jpg

:whatthe:

Edited by ygogolak

It's a store variant Chaos City Comics did for this particular issue - they basically printed their own cover and had it stapled around the book. Copies show up on eBay from time to time - they usually sell for about $20 (I think I paid $10 for my copy). Not truly rare, but not that common either.

Please don't say stuff like "the comic hasn't been out of the plastic", because whilst it may have been sitting inside this standard comic book bag whilst it's been in your possession, you obviously would have no way of knowing who handled the book prior to that.