Berkeley Comic Con Jan. 20, Comics Only! Killer dealer lineup.
2 2

70 posts in this topic

HouseofComics.Com   
  • Member: Seasoned Veteran
  • 10,325 posts

I got an update from Phil of Champion Comics and he's bringing very impressive stuff. He'll be on the west wall next to Heroes.

Some highlights

AF #15 2.5 CGC signed by Stan Lee
3 Avengers #1's
X-men #1
FF #1
Hulk #181 CGC 9.2
ASM #129- 4 copies
ASM #194 CGC 9.8 (2)
X-Men #101 CGC 9.6
GSX #1 3 copies
Werewolf By Night #32 2 copies
IM #1 3 copies
IM #55 2 copies
Cap #100 4 copies
FF #48 2 copies
Some early Batman under #50 golden age
Spidey #5 to #52 3 to 8 copies each

1950's war comics   
  • 4,329 posts
On 1/14/2018 at 1:02 PM, 707comics said:

Looking forward to the show as usual, can't wait to see all the gold on display! 

@shortboxed @woowoo I normally get to the show on the early side so not sure if I will still be around that late in the afternoon. Would love to get together and show off our hauls / shoot the bull if I am still around later in the afternoon though. Triple Rock has some killer food & beer!

@HouseofComics.Com Don't forget to bring all your Atlas and pre-code war books. I'm still looking for a decent copy of Battlefield #2 with the "Atrocity Story" by Chapman / Reinman :)

I keep thinking your avatar is Atlas Battlefront #5 ..cause they look kinda the same..

707comics   
  • 355 posts
1 hour ago, 1950's war comics said:

I keep thinking your avatar is Atlas Battlefront #5 ..cause they look kinda the same..

@1950's war comics - War adventures #10 is my avatar. 

I suspect the similarities between the two covers has to do with the fact that they were both done by Jerry Robinson and published within one month of each other (Oct/Nov 1952). Good eye!

Is it Saturday yet?? hm

shortboxed   
  • 161 posts

Looking forward to Saturday!

And just a reminder, we got a group reservation at Triple Rock Brewery just a couple blocks away from the con at 5:00pm. Open to any boardies who want to hang out after the con and grab some beers! Just drop a comment or DM me so I can keep a headcount and adjust the reservation, if necessary. Super casual, come and go as you please. Hopefully some of the dealers can make it after they break down, too!

Can't wait to see your hauls!

triplerock.com

Triple-Rock-Opening_56.jpg

Edited by shortboxed

wormboy   
  • 1,689 posts

I’d like to say thanks to the local comic shops for passing out our flyers!

Cape & Cowl Oakland

Dr. Comics & Mister Games Oakland

Fantastic Comics Berkeley

Escapist Berkeley

Stand Up Comics El Cerrito

Crush Comics Castro Valley

Champion Comics Sunnyvale

We really appreciate it!

And no thanks to Flying Colors in Concord, who refused to put out flyers, even though I’ve spent thousands of dollars there over the years. What a person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed.

Look forward to seeing everybody there!

The Brain   
  • 7,396 posts
16 minutes ago, wormboy said:

And no thanks to Flying Colors in Concord, who refused to put out flyers, even though I’ve spent thousands of dollars there over the years. What a person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed.

Trust me, the word got to the right people.:wink:

HouseofComics.Com   
  • 10,325 posts

Add to the list, Black Cat Comics in Milpitas and Heroes Comics in Campbell. Plus A-1 Comics Sacramento and The Batcave in Santa Rosa. Thanks guys!

What's cool is a huge pct. of the store owners are either attending or setting up or have set up in the past.

HouseofComics.Com   
  • 10,325 posts

Want to mention again two little things that help set our show apart. We have the wantlist feature on the website so obscure stuff you want can be pulled from shops and warehouses and brought, even if it's not normally in the "show stock" rotation. And we have our own PovRow who will be happy to answer all sorts of restoration questions! Fantastic resource.

woowoo   
  • 3,023 posts
7 hours ago, wormboy said:

I’d like to say thanks to the local comic shops for passing out our flyers!

Cape & Cowl Oakland

Dr. Comics & Mister Games Oakland

Fantastic Comics Berkeley

Escapist Berkeley

Stand Up Comics El Cerrito

Crush Comics Castro Valley

Champion Comics Sunnyvale

We really appreciate it!

:makepoint::makepoint::makepoint::makepoint::makepoint::makepoint::makepoint::makepoint::makepoint::makepoint::makepoint::makepoint::makepoint:

Edited by woowoo