• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

If you could complete a full run... what would it be?
7 7

229 posts in this topic

10 minutes ago, Fan Boy said:

Another short run to finish is Comso the Merry Martian, I need two more to complete the 6 issue run. They are tough to find in nice grades! 

Wow i had never even heard of this series... i just looked them up and they are cool (thumbsu

i learn something new all the time in this hobby !!

21 hours ago, Fiddy said:

I'm working on a complete run of Dell/Gold Key Turok including the 15 cents editions, Whitman/Gold Key editions, and White/Yellow Gold Key logo editions.  Those early 15 cent editions (#7-12) are really tough to find.

This is epic.

The question gives me pause because my gut says Batman or Superman (for some reason I prefer 1-100 of those to their counterparts in Action or Detective - and I was actively working on # 2-100 of both for awhile).

But i'm close to finishing my main quest of the last 5 years -- Gold Key Magnus # 1-46 in 9.4 or higher.

I'm currently just one book away, with # 37 the lone CGC 9.2.

But only a single $.15 variant and zero high-grade Whitmans so far.

9 minutes ago, NoMan said:

I'm looking into Adventures of Big Boy freebie comics from Bob's Big Boy restaurants , that became Shoney's. I dunno

Seriously

I have some of those,I think they are really cool!I imagine that would be a tough one.I know of one boardie that collects those,but can't remember who.

12 minutes ago, 1950's war comics said:

Ok "Brother Power the Geek"  IS NOT drek...........it's actually a fab 60's comic (thumbsu but it is surely the only two issue DC run that i am aware of.......

Image result for brother power the geek comic Image result for brother power the geek comic

I thought they were unique as I have #1 issue here. 

1 hour ago, Artboy99 said:

Conan is another title I love. I have them all as well as all the magazines ( Savage Sword, Savage Tales, Conan Saga, other one offs, Movie Specials, marvel Super Specials, etc. )and all of the Dark Horse books.

When reading I can say Conan never lets me down.

I'd be happy with the run of Savage Sword.  Bought a sizeable collection in nice shape, but I'm missing tons. 

Patrick

2 hours ago, 1950's war comics said:

creaturefan95 i thought for sure you were going to say you wanted a full run of something similar to this......

DSCN3694 - Edited.jpg

1. I don't have nearly as many 1950's war comics as you (worship)

2. I started with Atlas, got hooked on EC, and now crave more of the DC Big Five :takeit:

3. Do I desire a complete run of Frontline Combat? Absolutely! Do I think I will ever have all 15 issues of that title? Maybe someday :preach:

Edited by creaturefan95
war is hell

1 hour ago, porcupine48 said:

I have some of those,I think they are really cool!I imagine that would be a tough one.I know of one boardie that collects those,but can't remember who.

I wonder what the keys are for Adventures of Big Boy? I know there were two different covers for #1, one for East Coast and one for West Coast both written by Lee and drawn by Everett. 

What are the other keys? First "draw picture by numbers" page in an issue? First "free french fry platter" coupon in an issue?

Again, serious. 

Edited by NoMan

Savage Sword is an affordable run to make, and I like the material far more than the early BWS art in the comic, which I find primitive.

I've been chipping away at Captain Marvel Adventures for the last couple of years.  Whiz is the Captain Marvel title most people chase, but I'm going to feel very proud if I'm able to finish it.

Edited by FineCollector

2 hours ago, followtheleader said:

I'd be happy with the run of Savage Sword.  Bought a sizeable collection in nice shape, but I'm missing tons. 

Patrick

Yes I have a bunch of savage sword as well. There scattered in different boxes I've collected over the years, Not sure how many I have in the run. I'll have to get them together.

3 hours ago, Artboy99 said:

Conan is another title I love. I have them all as well as all the magazines ( Savage Sword, Savage Tales, Conan Saga, other one offs, Movie Specials, marvel Super Specials, etc. )and all of the Dark Horse books.

When reading I can say Conan never lets me down.

Very nice Art Boy, I'm working on my full set as well.

2 hours ago, NoMan said:

I'm looking into Adventures of Big Boy freebie comics from Bob's Big Boy restaurants , that became Shoney's. I dunno

Seriously

Metropolis/comicconnect has a ton of those on their web sites.

I'd happy if I could just complete my USA Comics and All Select Comic runs. I need 7,10, and 12 for the USA run and just 11 for the All Select.

As a runner up I'd like to complete my Daredevil (1964) set. I'm missing 2,4,5,9,17, and 23 so that is a possibility. No sure about the USA.

Edited by Badger
Updated the books I need

8 minutes ago, Badger said:

Metropolis/comicconnect has a ton of those on their web sites.

Thanks Badger, I appreciate the tip, I like to cherry pick around yard sales, flea markets and comic shows to find the ones I need, It's all in the hunt for me. Buying on E bay or Amazon is to easy, lol.

Just now, Vietnam67 said:

Thanks Badger, I appreciate the tip, I like to cherry pick around yard sales, flea markets and comic shows to find the ones I need, It's all in the hunt for me. Buying on E bay or Amazon is to easy, lol.

Yeah, I hear you, man.  I have the same rule for my wife and jewelry.  If some small off the beaten path jewelry store has it, great!  Otherwise, no way. :)  My wife is picky so it keeps the spending levels down.

3 minutes ago, Badger said:

Yeah, I hear you, man.  I have the same rule for my wife and jewelry.  If some small off the beaten path jewelry store has it, great!  Otherwise, no way. :)  My wife is picky so it keeps the spending levels down.

Are your daredevils all graded? Or are you just filling a run ungraded?