• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AMAZING SPIDERMAN Original Art @ Heritage August

16 posts in this topic

Mike Burkey had it a couple years ago, if memory serves me correctly. I think he was asking 45K about 2 years ago so it probably'll fetch a bit more than that. Never can tell with artwork though, as someone might wanna bigger 'Spidey'. The way I feel about it is that its a 'Spidey' Cover - and that in itself makes it pretty damn cool.

Never can tell with artwork though, as someone might wanna bigger 'Spidey'. The way I feel about it is that its a 'Spidey' Cover - and that in itself makes it pretty damn cool.

ASM 41 was one of the few SA Spideys I owned as a kid. Considering it's the 1st appearance of the Rhino, I wonder if the "size" of Spidey will have an impact at all.

Well. There aint many Large Sized ASM Covers, so I figure that'll get it up to a minimum of some sort. I think Albert Moy has the ASM 47, and thats got lotsa little Spidey's. I think he wanted something like 75K. Between the two Covers, Id rather have the 41 because the action is more lively and all. Imagine there's some people like yourself that'll want it cause they remeber it on the rack and all. Nostalgia helps alot. Kinda hopin it stays in the low 40K range so Ill get a fair crack at it. Though I can let it go without to much heart-ache.

[quote]Mike Burkey had it a couple years ago, if memory serves me correctly. I think he was asking 45K about 2 years ago so it probably'll fetch a bit more than that. Never can tell with artwork though, as someone might wanna bigger 'Spidey'. The way I feel about it is that its a 'Spidey' Cover - and that in itself makes it pretty damn cool.

I believe All-Star had the piece most recently. Looks like they are doing a trade of sort for their Historic Marvel # 1 page. Yes - a beauty of a Cover and Romita's 3RD 'Amazing Spiderman' Cover. For me - it would be a tough choice between the two pieces - - - - But Im a 'Web-Head' at heart laugh.gif

Right. Albert was trying to sell it for Pete Koch, I believe. Price was 40K or thereaabouts? I would agree 50K in today's market. The small image of Spidey is a problem for some, but the Rhino is the main attraction here. Plus, being lager size art, Spidey actually is pretty decent size image on the actual original art.

It'll be a fun item to watch come auction-time.

Best,

It's a stunner of a cover, that's for sure. I like #43 better, but if I had $50k to drop I'd make a run for this piece.

There's a nice selection of Kirby pages for sale too. grin.gif

Only 2 Ditko pages, though. frown.gif