• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Amazing Covers of Mac Raboy
3 3

216 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, Straw-Man said:

love the colors on this copy!  my uc was washed-out looking in comparison.

master38.jpg

But I was told that the sky in the Pacific is actually a very light blue. hm

2018-01-09-0001_zpstkvqadwl.JPG

You know, looking at Master 38 closely, I don't think Mac got the proportions quite right.  He shows the gap where Cap, Jr. starts tearing up the flight deck as being small enough to fit his arm spread, but the rest of the strip of torn up flight deck is shown as wider on the carrier than it is up in the air.  

10 hours ago, Sqeggs said:

You know, looking at Master 38 closely, I don't think Mac got the proportions quite right.  He shows the gap where Cap, Jr. starts tearing up the flight deck as being small enough to fit his arm spread, but the rest of the strip of torn up flight deck is shown as wider on the carrier than it is up in the air.  

Edited by Mr.TawkyTawny

On 12/30/2017 at 4:00 PM, Sqeggs said:

I love Mac, but you may have started with his worst cover! :)

Cover is okay and the interior is among his best ever.

raboy_lama_07_pg_01.jpg

raboy_lama_07_pg_02.jpg

raboy_lama_07_pg_03.jpg

raboy_lama_07_pg_04.jpg

Edited by adamstrange

On 1/8/2018 at 2:05 PM, Sqeggs said:

I think this one's Mac, although there are doubters (including, apparently, CGC).

RAD34C9C2017116_105530_zps4ypto6dw.JPG

Probably Bud Thompson who took over for Raboy.  Bud's a good artist and he worked hard to imitate his style.  I've been fooled a time or two. :blush:

Pose was probably based on one of Mac's covers:  https://www.comics.org/issue/2045/cover/4/

Edited by adamstrange

On 1/9/2018 at 9:56 PM, Sqeggs said:

Not owned by me.  The art was reproduced 1 to 1 rather than being twice up.  Raboy often, but not always, worked close to print ready size.

raboymaster38cover.jpg

Edited by adamstrange

6 hours ago, Straw-Man said:

i've got the 2 pre-junior macmasters!

master19.jpg

The little girl seems to be having a great time, while BMan looks like he's saying, "Could you loosen your grip on my neck just a little, honey?"