• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE 2018 SKETCH COVER MEGA THREAD
9 9

658 posts in this topic

Does anyone know how something like this would grade? Would it get an "NG" since it is not a comic, or would they actually grade it?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Comic-Con-Collector-Blank-Variant-For-Convention-Signings-Commissions-NM-SDCC/152841664161?hash=item239612b6a1:g:ODUAAOSwEetV7iD5

Also, does anyone know if the Game of Thrones or Clash of Kings blanks are matte, or is 1 more matte than the other?

1 hour ago, nriccijr said:

Does anyone know how something like this would grade? Would it get an "NG" since it is not a comic, or would they actually grade it?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Comic-Con-Collector-Blank-Variant-For-Convention-Signings-Commissions-NM-SDCC/152841664161?hash=item239612b6a1:g:ODUAAOSwEetV7iD5

Also, does anyone know if the Game of Thrones or Clash of Kings blanks are matte, or is 1 more matte than the other?

To my knowledge it would receive a NG 

25 minutes ago, ivdyer said:

To my knowledge it would receive a NG 

OK, that would be fine with me. Have you ever used something like that? Just curious if you would consider using something like that made for commissions for your ASH pieces instead of blanks where you can sometimes see a random unrelated logo through the artwork.

To me grade means nothing for artwork/celebs, but it does help if I needed to sell something. I wish CGC had a "NG" option for art/SS if you simply wanted just authentication and no grade (would be great for magazines which are rarely 9.6)

17 minutes ago, nriccijr said:

OK, that would be fine with me. Have you ever used something like that? Just curious if you would consider using something like that made for commissions for your ASH pieces instead of blanks where you can sometimes see a random unrelated logo through the artwork.

To me grade means nothing for artwork/celebs, but it does help if I needed to sell something. I wish CGC had a "NG" option for art/SS if you simply wanted just authentication and no grade (would be great for magazines which are rarely 9.6)

I have considered it but do look at pieces as investments even though I don't plan to sell any.  With that being said if something were to happen to me, wife, kids, family, etc...or I pass them down (might be buried with a few....hahaha) graded pieces would be easier to sell than NG pieces and fetch a higher price in my opinion.  

3 hours ago, nriccijr said:

We’re you going to get each page graded individually?

3 minutes ago, RadiantGraphix said:

It might get graded as “ART” ... meaning it won’t come in the hard case, just the protective sleeve like original art sketches on large paper stock. 

It is a book though, 24 pages thick

17 hours ago, nriccijr said:

It should come back with an NG grade however it could also come back with no grade like photos and backing board sketches do.

Go to the Ask CGC sub and you should get an answer from CGC.

https://www.cgccomics.com/boards/forum/23-ask-cgc/

Edited by TYPE-R

19 hours ago, nriccijr said:

This is just a "book" of blank pages right? why would you get art IN the book and then grade it. You would not be able to see custom the art in the book? Also you would have to get each item in the book witnessed.

I guess I dont understand why get this type of thing instead of a blank cover?

43 minutes ago, Avi said:

This is just a "book" of blank pages right? why would you get art IN the book and then grade it. You would not be able to see custom the art in the book? Also you would have to get each item in the book witnessed.

I guess I dont understand why get this type of thing instead of a blank cover?

I doubt that he is referencing getting art done inside the book and then having it slabbed. 

Mainly because you can use the entire space without worrying about logos, trade dress, etc....I often have Ash cover the entire book with paint so that he can use the entire space if I am using regular comic blanks.  

43 minutes ago, ivdyer said:

I doubt that he is referencing getting art done inside the book and then having it slabbed. 

Mainly because you can use the entire space without worrying about logos, trade dress, etc....I often have Ash cover the entire book with paint so that he can use the entire space if I am using regular comic blanks.  

Yes, thank you. I want a blank book for something that does not have a comic series and I do not like having other unrelated logos all over the place......it bothers my collecting OCD. I plan on using these just for the cover, treating it as a regular blank cover comic

19 hours ago, ivdyer said:

Some new ones today. Two from Frank Kadar that were left over from Megacon. Safe travels to Florida Frank.

B557D4CE-FCDA-43CA-B87F-CDB8786842C0_zps

F47BE2F0-C058-434B-8CF8-D1D89C5DE7BE_zps

and this one from Alex Kotkin

3EC85009-CDAD-434C-B262-DC74BB51AAD8_zps

Thanks Charles! They look great graded. Glad they ended up with you. I'll be up and running in August for commissions.