• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official Feb 22-24 Heritage Auction Thread
4 4

552 posts in this topic

Wow a Heritage auction that has finished for me just before midnight, won two out the three pages I was interested in and I'll actually manage to get a decent  amount of sleep this time around. So glad my stuff came up early during "Barry Time"

Edited by chromium

21 minutes ago, comix4fun said:

My new nickname for Barry is "The Sandman" Sandoval. 

LOVE YOU BARRY!!!

Heritage need to cue up "Enter Sandman" every time he takes over the hammer, like the Yankees did whenever Mariano Rivera was sent out to the mound to put the game to bed.

12 minutes ago, Greenlake said:

The only thing I've been watching that went for less than I expected was the Keown A+X #1 Hulk and Wolverine cover. Pretty much everything else seems like people really don't want to keep their money. I hope these bidders don't come back tomorrow.

was that a cover or splash? Thought it was a splash.  I was the underbidder, but I placed my bid early and was not going to go after it strong.

Malvin

29 minutes ago, comix4fun said:

Ok, can all the Olivia fans hiding out in here please post something that explains what in the wide world of sports is goin' on around here?!?!

It’s content. Her WW stuff has been very popular. Also could be sideshow collectors. Her pinups can command high prices now add in pop culture.

17 minutes ago, malvin said:

was that a cover or splash? Thought it was a splash.  I was the underbidder, but I placed my bid early and was not going to go after it strong.

Malvin

JJJ corrected me that it was a splash. I wanted to find a way to bid on it today, too, which makes my screw-up worse than if it was just a casual watch.

Edited by Greenlake

It is interesting how a number of "grail pieces" have finished in the bid increment range below $500k. DKR splash, DKR 2 cover, GL 76 cover and now the ASM 100 cover. Seems to be price resistance at this range for some reason. People view those levels as too risky? Maybe no one wants to be the next person to be ridiculed ASM 328 style?

Just now, NinjaSealed said:

It is interesting how a number of "grail pieces" have finished in the bid increment range below $500k. DKR splash, DKR 2 cover, GL 76 cover and now the ASM 100 cover. Seems to be price resistance at this range for some reason. People view those levels as too risky? Maybe no one wants to be the next person to be ridiculed ASM 328 style?

Or 1/2 million is a nice round ceiling.

7 minutes ago, NinjaSealed said:

Pretty certain the fella who owns the ASM 328 cover doesn't give a rat's @$$ what we think about the price of the ASM 328 cover. Compared to him, we are mere mortals who walk in the trail of dust beneath his feet.

3 minutes ago, Brian Peck said:

$40630. Shocked at the price for the Vampirella a Scarlet Thirst by Dave Stevens. That is one of his most popular pieces outside of The Rocketeer. I was expecting it to go for much more. One one got a great deal.

Especially compared to what was paid for the Olivia WW! 26k change leftover.