• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

STL Comics' Winter 1 Day Comic Show; March 4th, 2018; St. Louis, MO
1 1

29 posts in this topic

31 minutes ago, WoWitHurts said:

About 4x the comics at WW STL. I picked up some nice copper ASM. Once again no love for High Grade Iron Man. Either IM is the most popular title ever or no one ever read it because even in low grade it is scarce. About half of the dealers didn't even have a single issue. 

I think that Iron Man is one of those titles that sells more consistently online than it does at shows. If I bring any IM to a show it sits, and if I don't then I get asked why I don't have any. If someone would go into a thread to ask the dealers to bring a specific book or title(s) it could help in situations like this. We can't always bring everything we have to a show and have to prioritize space.

21 hours ago, mysterio said:

I think that Iron Man is one of those titles that sells more consistently online than it does at shows. If I bring any IM to a show it sits, and if I don't then I get asked why I don't have any. If someone would go into a thread to ask the dealers to bring a specific book or title(s) it could help in situations like this. We can't always bring everything we have to a show and have to prioritize space.

I totally understand. Bring what sells. However, there are a lot of other strange drek I see that I would be surprised to find sells.

11 minutes ago, WoWitHurts said:

I totally understand. Bring what sells. However, there are a lot of other strange drek I see that I would be surprised to find sells.

Totally. We’re always amazed at some of the stuff that sells at a show, or the stuff we’re asked for. 

Kudos to STL Comics for making this show what it is today.  Thanks to all the dealers who were there.  Bought everything from wall books to dollar books.  Attendance seemed strong and people were digging in boxes.  Good signs all around.

On 3/5/2018 at 10:00 AM, mysterio said:

He did some ground work before the show.  I just didn't have much to offer.  But I agree with the fact that it's not often something I have people clamoring for.  The fact that I'm still building my run means anything too nice winds up in my collection :). 

Edited by D Stuart

1 hour ago, D Stuart said:

He did some ground work before the show.  I just didn't have much to offer.  But I agree with the fact that it's not often something I have people clamoring for.  The fact that I'm still building my run means anything too nice winds up in my collection :). 

Me too!

On 3/6/2018 at 4:19 PM, D Stuart said:

Yeah I imagine for those of us building an IM run it is a slow process. After reading this thread I took a look at my SA raw IM to see what I had. I actually laughed out loud. I think I have a problem!

IMG_1428.JPG

IMG_1429.JPG

38 minutes ago, WoWitHurts said:

Yeah I imagine for those of us building an IM run it is a slow process. After reading this thread I took a look at my SA raw IM to see what I had. I actually laughed out loud. I think I have a problem!

IMG_1428.JPG

IMG_1429.JPG

:golfclap: